LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   PCM Diagnostics & Tuning (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning-7/)
-   -   Superchips Programer. (https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/41932-superchips-programer.html)

DG Gordon 01-27-2002 10:36 AM

Superchips Programer.

Has anyone tried their custom programing? There is a speed shop here in town that offers their service no down time. You buy their program send in your info and they e-mail the shop with a custom tune which is downloaded in their computer which is transfered to a hand held programer and put in your car. I was wandering if anyone has tried this. It is $450 I thought it was kind of pricey.
2000SSm-6
Macs and comp cam. 222-226 566-569 114ls.

superchargedZ 01-27-2002 10:49 AM

Re: Superchips Programer.

I have 2 of their programmers. I am up in the air about the tuning. The down time sucks 2 weeks! $450.00 is pricy but I am told that is pretty much what it costs. If you want I will sell one of my programmers. Then all you have to do is send it in for them to redo for your settings. That is only 125.00.

Jason

[ January 27, 2002: Message edited by: superchargedZ ]</p>

BYBYC5 01-28-2002 11:43 AM

hey jason, are you the one i bought the verter from? if so it was sweet( ive since moved up,hehe) if your programer will work for a 2001 id be interested for the right price.

superchargedZ 01-31-2002 10:46 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Grinch(supra killa):
<strong>hey jason, are you the one i bought the verter from? if so it was sweet( ive since moved up,hehe) if your programer will work for a 2001 id be interested for the right price.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I live in San Diego. You live in Texas. I have not shipped anything to texas.

What kind of price were you thinking?

Jason

BYBYC5 01-31-2002 11:26 AM

no ,i used to live in san diego, we met in frys parking lot, if your not the one sorry

superchargedZ 01-31-2002 11:34 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Grinch(supra killa):
<strong>no ,i used to live in san diego, we met in frys parking lot, if your not the one sorry</strong><hr></blockquote>

O.k. now I remember. Yeah that was me. So, you liked the converter? How is car running? Let me know about the programmer?
Jason

y2kz28 02-01-2002 01:21 PM

I bought my custom programming through ARE, and it arrived straight from SuperChips, loaded on the MicroTuner 2000. As far as I can tell, the tuner itself is just a boat anchor now, as it won't allow me to change anything individually. The only option it gives me is to d/l the custom program to the PCM.

nevrenuf 02-08-2002 05:13 PM

I have a Superchips Microtuner 2001 I will sell. I don't know what the costs are for Superchips to change VIN, etc. but I'll let mine go. I no longer need the unit. The code has been "recalled" into the programmer so it is eligible for VIN change(according to superchips).