Sponsored by:

Help Please - if you can

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please - if you can

Guys,
I was re-programming my flash with my HPTuner software just a bit ago like I've done many times now. I was 71% done with the download when my laptop battery died unexpectedly. I left my ignition on and ran into the house to get my spare battery. Had to reboot my PC to get it back up and then tried to start the download again. HPTuner software said it didn't recognize my operating system and timed out. Eventually I shut it all down and turned off the ignition key which I think I'm pretty screwed now. Of course my car won't run now and displays dozens of error messages on the DIC. Is there anybody there that can give me any suggestions on how to recover? I tried both write VCM and write entire VCM . I'm using HPTuner software version 1.7.0 and I have a 98 C5 MN6. I get the following error message when I try to write the VCM:

VCM Support Failed
"Unable to determine the correct boot loader for this vehicle. Please use the VCM Suite info program and save the log. Please contact customer support at support@hptuners.com with the log file."

Thanks for any suggestions. I'm wondering how hosed I am here and no car to get to work on Monday.
John
Old 02-11-2006, 11:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would assume your pretty hosed...i would follow these instructions "VCM Support Failed
"Unable to determine the correct boot loader for this vehicle. Please use the VCM Suite info program and save the log. Please contact customer support at support@hptuners.com with the log file."" at this point and hopefully theirs a happy ending. Flashing the computer should only take 25-35 seconds though...how did your battery run out in that short of a time span?
Old 02-11-2006, 11:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure what happened with my laptop battery because I specifically checked it to make sure I had plenty of battery life 89% before I started. But as I started to get ready to download I first had to shut off anything that could interrupt me like virus checkers, firewalls, screen saver, etc. Then started the download. It started to download just fine and then it started to indicate a few com errors and retries and the next thing I noticed I got a warning on my computer to "change the battery now"....and a couple of seconds later the pc shut down. I think it's my PC battery that was the problem to start with. I'm trying to get ahold of Keith at HPTuner, but may not have any luck over the weekend. Thanks for responding.
John