PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to put stock tune back in PCM - Predator killed it!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to put stock tune back in PCM - Predator killed it!!

Hey All,
I need some help. This actually pertains to my truck but I figured this would be the best place to find the answer but let me give some background first:

Yesterday I received a brand new in the box Diablosport Predator tune for my truck (2002 Chevy 1500HD 6.0L 100% bone stock) and had a problem while loading the tune last night. I downloaded the factory tune w/o any issues. I then started uploading the performance tune per the directions which was going fine up until about 70% complete at which point the Predator locked up. It wouldn't do anything at all. Just sit at 70%. I let it sit for about 30 minutes and nothing changed. I tried the escape button; nothing. Tried the other buttons; nothing. I then unplugged it with the intent to call Diablosport on Monday.
I tried to start my truck and it would spin over but won't start now!!
I tried to plug the predator back in to use the diagnostics but it says "No response; is ignition on?". Tried the tune button: same response.
For some reason it doesn't see my pcm anymore.
I tried resetting the pcm, crank relearn, and a few other things; nothing!!

I plugged the predator into my two other gm vehicles and it read the diagnostics immediately so the problem isn't in the Predator.

Here's what I think is the culprit; since the Predator had some kind of software glitch and locked up during the upload of the new tune, I think my PCM is missing all of the required software now so it basically doesn't know what to do now.

My question is how can I get my factory programming back on my PCM??? I don't want to pay a wrecker bill (and repair bill) to tow it to the dealership. Can I just pull out the PCM and carry it to them or someone else?

If I can get the stock programming back on the PCM, I'll try to get the predator replaced but in the meantime.....I NEED MY TRUCK!!

Thanks for any help!
Old 03-12-2006, 12:55 AM
12 Second Club

the dealer might be your only option for now till you get a new tuner. my cuzz has a 05 gt mustang with lt's x pipe and flows and he baught a diablo tuner and it would not read the pcm or anything so he sent it back and took it to the dyno to tune it instead. so i think ther is some problems with with them so call them and give them some **** plus you cant do any thing till monday any way but the dealer can reflash it it think its about 50-70 bucks.hope it helps
Old 03-12-2006, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Or try someone local with efilive. They might be able to try a full reflash.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:16 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a guy contact me about issues with his predator tune...I couldnt read, write or full rewrite his pcm with hpt...good luck but your probably out of a pcm at this point.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Launching!

Contact Jesse (wait4me on the forum) He can fix you up with a replacement PCM or fix your original all for a reasonable fee.

Last edited by horist; 03-13-2006 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info guys!

Well, here's the latest update: I had a friend come over yesterday with his professional scan tool and it wouldn't access the pcm either. So, this morning I called the dealer who told me that they could NOT reflash mine without the whole vehicle.

So, I called a local auto electric shop and they said they could do it for $59.95 (w/o the vehicle). I took it down there and they were not able to access the pcm either. So, I had to buy a new (reman) pcm for $160 PLUS pay $59.95 to have it flashed for my vehicle. I needed my truck running TODAY, so I couldn't wait to order a pcm.

I haven't installed it yet to see if my truck will now start but at this point I'm out an additional $234 (plus 2 hours off work) thanks to this.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

CALL DIABLOSPORT. You can force your factory call back into the PCM, but you have to call them and get the unlock code. Call your dealer who sold it to you, and they could do it for you. Otherwise, you need to just call diablo and they should be able to take care of it. You need to pull the fuses when you flash them, as sometimes on-star will start talking and screw up your voltage while flashing.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:13 AM
12 Second Club

CALL DIABLOSPORT

it's there mess right there

Quick Reply: How to put stock tune back in PCM - Predator killed it!!