PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bank 2 reads lean - what's the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 12:14 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bank 2 reads lean - what's the deal?

I noticed today that my fuel pressure is noticeably higher than it used to be (like 2 days ago). I used to idle at about 56 psi, now I idle at almost 60, and hit almost 70 under moderate boost, like 5 psi. I have the stock in-tank pump and the Walbro inline that came with the Radix.

I decided to log my O2 sensors, and bank 1 switches at 14.7 commanded AFR, and my wideband is hooked up to the driver's side Y-pipe. Bank 2 reads lean until I command roughly 13.7:1, then it starts to switch and bank 1 reads rich. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? The only two things I can think of off the top of my head are to switch the driver's and passenger's O2 sensors to see if it is a problem with the sensor, and to try hooking my wideband up to the passenger side and see if it still reads lean, at least that way I'll get sensor error out of the picture.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:54 PM
High on diesel fumes

Update.....fixed the fuel pressure issue, leaking vacuum line. Also, installed a new set of instake gaskets, no change in the lean issue. I bought and installed the Vette O2 sensors (Bosch P/N 13111), still no change. The only thing I can think is exhaust leak....

Bank 2 only reads lean if I am pulling more than 10 hg-in vacuum. Any less than that, or under boost, and the O2's read almost identical. Exhaust leak? Is it more likely to be the collector gasket or headers gasket? That's all that I have left to check out.....or possibly a bad injector?
Old 06-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

I would look to the exhaust first.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:46 PM
High on diesel fumes

OK thanks I'll check it out, maybe a collector gasket leak?