Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im sooo close. Need a little idle help

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 02:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im sooo close. Need a little idle help

Hey guys. I got almost got this MS3 all tuned. I can run 60MPH in 6th gear, with no surging at all. The car rips hardcore from 3000-6600. The only issue i have left is the hot idel. Sometimes it will sit from 800-850, and that is fine. But then sometimes the idle will be kind of irratic, going from 700-1000. There dosnt seem to be any ryme or reasone to it. Ill add to the idle airflow, and it will idle good, then go to irratic, then back to good. Any ideas? I must have overlooked something? THX ab
Old 06-20-2006, 09:27 AM
TECH Addict

To quote a wise man....

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
Once your desired airflow is in line, try changing the spark modifiers (overspeed/underspeed). To get my friend's Torquer cam to idle, I ended up taking about a half of a degree out of the cells filled in. I also took about 20~50% out of the direct airflow correction table. The logic behind this is, the cammed engine is a much free-er reving, free-er breathing machine. It doesn't need as steep of a correction as the stock setup did. That's why it's surging. It's over-correcting itself. Play with those tables and you'll see it smooth out.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Probably your IAC compensation for the fans. Watch your STIT's change when you kick your fans on so you know where to set the g/sec at.