Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dtc's After Rtt Upgrade In Hpt

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dtc's After Rtt Upgrade In Hpt

After I Upgraded My Bin File To A "maf Rtt" Enhanced Os I Throw 4 Or 5 Dtcs That Wont Clear ... They All Start With U And Are Numbers Like "u1000 Loss Of Communication With Xxx"

The Car Is Running Fine And Im Not Even Throwing A Ses Light But Still It Bothers Me That I Cant Clear These Codes From The Hpt Scanner Screen....

Does Anybody Have A Clue Whats Going On?
Old 07-08-2006, 09:03 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

body/chassis codes..ignore them...or try to fix if you want...most dont matter...

they were there before...its just that HPT used to only reprort PCM codes..

no it reports coes from all modules
Old 07-08-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Regular

acctually in the rtt thread/.12 update someone from hptuners, i think chris, said that you have to wait for 10 secs after the car is running to use rtt due to the fact that modules are communicating alot at first startup, this could be your problem.........if its not your problem im subscribing to the thread and will be back in here to give you some easy tips on how to diagnose communication problems
Old 07-09-2006, 12:01 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Jpr5690
After I Upgraded My Bin File To A "maf Rtt" Enhanced Os I Throw 4 Or 5 Dtcs That Wont Clear ... They All Start With U And Are Numbers Like "u1000 Loss Of Communication With Xxx"

The Car Is Running Fine And Im Not Even Throwing A Ses Light But Still It Bothers Me That I Cant Clear These Codes From The Hpt Scanner Screen....

Does Anybody Have A Clue Whats Going On?

Yeah, those are not related to RTT. We added reading DTC's from other modules. Those show up when you program the vehicle and the BCM, IPC, etc can't talk to the PCM. They were always there, you just didn't know about them until .12

We either have to add a way to clear them, an option to hide those codes or just not report them. It confuses people into thinking something is wrong with the vehicle.

-Ken
Old 07-09-2006, 12:18 AM

Interesting... I cant wait to see the BCM codes.. lol
Old 07-09-2006, 02:32 AM
TECH Junkie

thats funny .. one of the codes says the abs cant communicate but my abs works fine?

are these legit errors or just some sort of bs?
Old 07-09-2006, 02:33 AM
TECH Junkie

yea a way to clear them would be good...

Originally Posted by Super Sport X2
Yeah, those are not related to RTT. We added reading DTC's from other modules. Those show up when you program the vehicle and the BCM, IPC, etc can't talk to the PCM. They were always there, you just didn't know about them until .12

We either have to add a way to clear them, an option to hide those codes or just not report them. It confuses people into thinking something is wrong with the vehicle.

-Ken
Old 07-09-2006, 03:09 AM
FormerVendor

during the reflash most of the modules on the class2 bus list codes complaining that they couldn't talk to the PCM. This is normal.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:40 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, a way to clear these would be awesome. Wonder if it would do away with that god damned annoying air bag light after the cluster swap?

Mike
Old 07-10-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I found it kind of strange that HPT picked up a couple codes that a Tech 2 didn't.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gameover
during the reflash most of the modules on the class2 bus list codes complaining that they couldn't talk to the PCM. This is normal.
Good point, When the ignition switch is in RUN, each module communicating on the class 2 serial data line sends a state of health (SOH) message every two seconds to ensure that the module is operating properly. When a module stops communicating on the class 2 serial data line, for example if the module loses power or ground, the SOH message it normally sends on the data line every two seconds disappears. Other modules on the class 2 serial data line, which expect to receive that SOH message, detect its absence; those modules in turn set an internal DTC associated with the loss of SOH of the non-communicating module.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:41 AM
12 Second Club

Hey somebody tried copying my name....
Old 07-11-2006, 05:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Michael55123
Yeah, a way to clear these would be awesome. Wonder if it would do away with that god damned annoying air bag light after the cluster swap?

Mike
Find someone with EFILive, they can clear them right up for you.

FWIW, I had a rash of bus communications errors a while back (Uxxxx DTC's). Turned out to be the ground bolt on the back of the cylinder head had come a bit loose.