PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where dose everyone put their wideband at?

Old 01-10-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Where dose everyone put their wideband at?

Hello, I searched around and found out how to intall the LC1 wideband, but was wondering where people were putting their sensors and (if they have it) their guage? i was thinking of sticking the sensor right were the Y pipe and I pipe meat each other to get the average reading of both sides of the pipes. i know i cant have the sensor 3 feet from the tail pipes (saw taht on the video of innovate's website) and i havnt bought my headers yet or the new ORY pipe, yet. so that's why i was wanting to run it at the I, is' that a good location? BTW the cat's dont exist anymore, that's why i was thinking of runnin it back there. thanks in advance to everyone!!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read recommendations of putting it on the drivers side, about 6" ~ 12" from the header collector.
Reason for drivers side, is that #7 cyl is notoriously lean.
In which case you would always err on the side of safety, ie compensating to more rich than unknowingly lean.

Mine is about that distance from the header collector, but on the pass side.
I also have no cats.

A lot of people also run them in the stock front 02 bungs and use the LC-1 as a narrowband as well.

just for the LC-1 make sure it is either exactly horizontal or slightly vertical as condensation on the sensor is an issue, it states this in the manual aswell i believe.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

before going FI(turbo, STS for me) it was in my rear y-pipe 02 hole.

now its in the tailpipe with the clamp, and it works fine but its not gonna stay like that
Old 01-11-2007, 05:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

alright thanks for the extra tips. i got most of the wiring done last night, i just didnt hook up the sensor becuase i was waiting on some times, i'll stick it on the driver side for the time being until i get the ORY then i'll weld that bundge thing in place like at 11'oclock position. thanks again for yalls help!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put mine right in the middle of teh X pipe. I see most other cars have theirs in the Y pipe too.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have mine in the collector itself... but if I did it over again I'd put it several inches further downstream... sometimes my sensor overheats
Old 01-11-2007, 10:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
before going FI(turbo, STS for me) it was in my rear y-pipe 02 hole.

now its in the tailpipe with the clamp, and it works fine but its not gonna stay like that
With the clamp? Mine is also in the tailpipe because of the sts backpressure.. Where are you going to move it... Seems to me like it wouldnt work too well back there...

Search this Thread