PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFILive and adverse OIL GAUGE READINGS???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 06:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy EFILive and adverse OIL GAUGE READINGS???

I suspect it might be more than a coincidence that I had a possible oil gauge malfunction just 1 short week after using new software/hardware tuning tools (EFILive).

My car/PCM has never been accessed by any aftermarket tuning tool/software other than Edit for close to 6 years.

I cold-started my car very early this morning and noticed my check gauges light came on I immediately checked my gas even knowing I had at least half a tank left and noticed my Oil Pressure read 0

I then checked my A-pillar Oil Pressure gauge and it too gave a reading of 0 oil pressure

I shut the car off immediately; the car was started for a total of maybe 3 or 4 seconds.

I sat there, panicked, for a minute before attempting a re-start. The oil pressure read normal; also on 2 repeated re-starts both cold and hot

This Oil Pressure anomaly has not occurred in the +98K miles that I've had my car since brand new.

Is there any way for me to diagnose whether this was a TRUE oil pump mechanical failure or an oil pump pressure sensor error? If an electrical malfunction, how might I repair and/or prevent this from happening again?

Irregardless of the outcome, I'm EXTREMELY impressed to say the least with the EFILive and Roadrunner software; these guys have done their homework

Anyone else ever have this happen?

Old 02-02-2007, 06:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the oil pressure gauge on a f-car is direct to the cluster, and is not an input to the pcm.

Ryan
Old 02-02-2007, 08:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slow is right, on the Fbod, the Oil pressure guage is direct connected to the sender. If your Apiller and dash gauge are reading the same, and are not sharing a common sender, I would start to worry. If they are using a common sender, I would veryify the sending unit is working properly.