PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question About Tuner Please Help

Old 02-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question About Tuner Please Help

i just bought the diablosport II tuner and it says the car should factory tuned, i have a 2000 camaro ss with the slp option im wondering if the tune is aftermarket?
Old 02-08-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2000Camaro-SS
i just bought the diablosport II tuner and it says the car should factory tuned, i have a 2000 camaro ss with the slp option im wondering if the tune is aftermarket?
No, unless someone tampered with it.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Teching In

i dont know if the former owner did so should i just factory tune it first?
Old 02-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Interesting phenomenom these 4th Gen Fbodies as they grow older and change owners, I always download what is in them to begin with, as enough cheesey cookie cutter tunes have been around long enough (Hypertech, etc)(Please somebody call me an *** for diss'n them) that when I compare them to a known stock file to what is actually in them the results are not always predictable.

With that, it would be nice to take your Fbody to the cops and have a drug dog sniff out any old pot seeds and a tuner/dealer to see if what you have really is stock-that is short of you having something more powerful than the diablo.

Most likely everything is ok, just a strong foundation now can keep you from second guessing down the road with your tune and at a roadside sobriety check.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or you could have a tuning solution that starts with the correct, latest stock file as part of the tuning process.

I do like the comment on the drug dog sniffing for pot seeds, that is certainly a concern with some used cars I have seen over the years. I have also seen many canned handheld tuners that do not put the correct stock file back, not just on f-cars, but many many other applications.

You could always have a GM dealer relflash it with a tech2 if there is a question of the validity of the stock file.

Ryan
Old 02-09-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, a dealer reflash will clear up any questions. If you like, you can allow the Predator to pull a copy of the backup file and email it to me. I can open it up in our software and look at it, to make sure it is a stock tune. PM me for details.

The Predator does not use 'generic' backup files, it saves the actual file from the PCM before it will write a tune and stores it in the tool. Restoring the backup from a Predator puts the car back to 100% stock.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Teching In

nah the owner before me treated the car very well, pretty much garaged the whole time, he only put 2000 miles on it while he had it. flawless when i got it. 42000 miles
Old 02-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Teching In

figured it out, thanks for everyones advice.

Search this Thread