PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No code, but "TCS OFF" light won't go out

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem recently. I checked the fuse to no avail. I pulled out the switch to make sure everything was still connected and then gave up.\

Two days later I decided to fix the bulb that was rattling around in my center brake light in the rear. It was burned out and the other looked black so I replaced them both.

After I replaced them, the TCS Off light was off and the light on the switch was back on.

Everything works fine now. Coincidence? Maybe, but I think not. If nothing else it doesn't hurt to check the brake lights--perhaps they're on the same circuit?
Old 11-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Teching In

I got the same problem when I tried to do an IAT breakout harness on my LS2 GTO....Couldnt figure how to make it dissapear so I took the breakout out of the car and plugged my wire harness back directly to my MAF, and it went away. I never drive with TCS on anyways, but it was a bit annoying.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i currently am experiencing the same problem on my car as well. it started with the light burning out on the asr off switch. no big deal. few months later asr off came on and off randomly then decided to stay on. switch doesnt do ****, asr is always on now even thought the light says off. tried unplugging the battery to reset the comp. now car idles around 1100. fuse was good for asr. also car was shifting extremely hard from park to drive. im ******* lost. also when you floor it while moving car seems to get about 1/10th the power and seems like it goes straight to 4th gear.
Old 10-12-2023, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Default Please help

Originally Posted by Jasonscott
Not trying to hijack, but I just got done with a cam install and my tcs off light is going on and off by itself, I wonder if we have the same issue?
HI,
I'm having same exact issue. How'd you end up correcting the issue? My map sensor code 106 comes up. I know the map sensor needs to be recalibrated after the cam install. I'm wondering if it's all related. Cuz it happened right after the cam install. How did you end up fixing this issue? Did you have the map sensor issue as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-12-2023, 09:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,071 Likes on 2,390 Posts

Who are you addressing? This thread was last posted to THIRTEEN YEARS AGO.
The guy you're quoting was last here SEVEN years ago.
You really need to watch the post dates....

Quick Reply: No code, but "TCS OFF" light won't go out