Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bosch 13111's good or not?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Bosch 13111's good or not?

I recently purchased the vette sensors a few months back for my LT install. However now I'm starting to see alot of stuff about not being able to tune with them. Any truth to this? Did I make a bad purchase?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Regular

I've never or knew anybody personally that has had a problem.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had good results on many many cars with these. There is no perfect O2, they (all NBs) seem to have the most trouble with the stainless headers at idle, though not in all cases. Anyhow, they don't affect tuning one bit.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

You specified stainless... am I to infer that non-stainless are less of a problem?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Banned

I had problems with my bosch o2's. I switched to new acdelcos and the problems went away. Read the thread on bosch sensor switching.

With longtube headerrs, the three fin bosch sensors do not "switch" corectly, its something to do with the surface area. The ac delcos have 6 fins.

With the bosch, you can just cut a few more grooves or widen them a little and they'll work fine with the long tube headers.

I found this out the hard way with my slp longtubes. Whenever it would rain, the headers would cool off to much for the o2s to properly switch.

My advice woul be to get a refund and get the 6 fin acdelcos, if that's not an option, get a dremel or flat head screw driver and make some more surface area on your bosches.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by sobaka__79
I had problems with my bosch o2's. I switched to new acdelcos and the problems went away. Read the thread on bosch sensor switching.

With longtube headerrs, the three fin bosch sensors do not "switch" corectly, its something to do with the surface area. The ac delcos have 6 fins.

With the bosch, you can just cut a few more grooves or widen them a little and they'll work fine with the long tube headers.

I found this out the hard way with my slp longtubes. Whenever it would rain, the headers would cool off to much for the o2s to properly switch.

My advice woul be to get a refund and get the 6 fin acdelcos, if that's not an option, get a dremel or flat head screw driver and make some more surface area on your bosches.
Put the crack pipe down. I have Stainless Works STAINLESS STEEL longtube headers and bosch O2 sensors 13111s. I have them for more than a year now and got them tuned with EFI Live/AEM wideband accesories. No problems during rain, snow, or just cold temperatures.
Here is a picture of them:
Old 10-18-2007, 11:50 AM
FormerVendor

Hey guys...

I said it wasn't an every-case deal, but overall, switching problems due to heat loss seem to be almost always worse with the stainless headers. Some of them just switch more slowly down low, and some will do it to the point that they set a code. Coated headers seem to have this issue to a much lesser extent.

As for the Delco comment, I HAVE seen the 13111s consistenly work better in LOTS of cars, so it is hard to swallow. When I say a lot I mean several dozen.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bene
Put the crack pipe down. I have Stainless Works STAINLESS STEEL longtube headers and bosch O2 sensors 13111s. I have them for more than a year now and got them tuned with EFI Live/AEM wideband accesories. No problems during rain, snow, or just cold temperatures.

[/IMG]
smart ***... with your little 12.7 second car, you probablly dont notice it, or are to stupid to notice it.

go ask a GM tech or anyone that knows wtf their taking about, or read the SLOW OXYGEN SENSOR thread.

if you dont have enough back pressure, YOUR BOSCH O2's WILL NOT SWITCH PROPERLY END OF ******* STORY

I think tr6 might have something to do with it too, thats just speculation

Last edited by sobaka__79; 10-19-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have had them for 16 months with no problems at all...
Old 10-19-2007, 06:06 PM
TECH Regular

So whats the ACdelco part#?? Are they vette rears also, just ACdelcos version of them??

Quick Reply: Bosch 13111's good or not?