Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI Live Stupid newbe questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EFI Live Stupid newbe questions

Another Newbe, Please forgive my ignorance!

How do I retrive logs from my v1 cable? how do I remove them from the cable?

I was loging my 2002 chevy 5.3l truck trying to get used to loging and seeing where stuff comes from in the tune. I was in open loop cold and saw on the log it was commanding 14.53 afr but when I look in the tune where its getiing the info from open loop mixture table it say 14.63, It seemed to be off by .1 or .09 all the time? what other tables affects this to change it? How do you trace what tables its getting things from?

Thanks
Old 12-17-2007, 05:29 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1Hotbird
Another Newbe, Please forgive my ignorance!

How do I retrive logs from my v1 cable? how do I remove them from the cable?

I was loging my 2002 chevy 5.3l truck trying to get used to loging and seeing where stuff comes from in the tune. I was in open loop cold and saw on the log it was commanding 14.53 afr but when I look in the tune where its getiing the info from open loop mixture table it say 14.63, It seemed to be off by .1 or .09 all the time? what other tables affects this to change it? How do you trace what tables its getting things from?

Thanks
You might try getting ahold of Chad@GLM, he is very good with EFI Live stuff, and can probably help you out.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you haven't...I'd suggest you look here http://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

But to answer your question, you should be able to retrieve data from the flashscan by going to Flashscan->Read Logged Data from FlashScan
Old 12-17-2007, 07:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Howdy 1Hotbird.

Xtnct00WS6 pretty much covered retrieving log's from V1. The scan and tune tool help menu's have very thorough documentation on how to utilize the software. But, if you are like me, the manaul is the last thing I read

As for the AFR questions, it might help you to take a read thru the AutoVE tutorial (from teh scan or tune tool, Help -> Turorials -> AutoVE.pdf). The AutoVE tutorial is centered a round tuning your VE table, but takes you thru many of the fueling tables that you have in question.

Hope it helps