Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Whatever you do Dont get rid of Your Birds

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Whatever you do Dont get rid of Your Birds

I have this feeling that GM is going to go down. Hold on to those f bodys. We are coming into an age where they are trying to get rid of V8 cars and trucks. This my be the last of all pony cars. JMO
Old 04-05-2009, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Naaaaa...New Firebirds will exist ^_^ just not anytime soon. Heck Year one is making new ones.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PontiacSpeed91
Naaaaa...New Firebirds will exist ^_^ just not anytime soon. Heck Year one is making new ones.
What the hell are you talking about? If do great! But ive never heard of this and if your going to make a claim like that, then back it up with some proof or evidence. I think it would be awesome if someone bought the rights to the firebird name and made a simple revamp kit. New fascias raockers tailights and interior pieces it could be done easily and i think people would spend some money for it
Old 04-06-2009, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evilZO6
I think it would be awesome if someone bought the rights to the firebird name and made a simple revamp kit. New fascias raockers tailights and interior pieces...
On that note I have a bright idea, how about SLP buying the Firebird & Trans AM name rights.

That way SLP can not only bring back the Firehawk, but also the entire Firebird line.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Teching In

The year One cars, if you speak of the Bandit cars, are not 'new' but restored resto-mod 2nd gens. I'm unsure of any plans to re-pop things like a full body shell.

knowing GM, even though they die, they would take the rights to their grave rather than another company be able to use them
Old 04-06-2009, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Cool

Originally Posted by evilZO6
What the hell are you talking about? If do great! But ive never heard of this and if your going to make a claim like that, then back it up with some proof or evidence. I think it would be awesome if someone bought the rights to the firebird name and made a simple revamp kit. New fascias raockers tailights and interior pieces it could be done easily and i think people would spend some money for it

Woah calm down there YearOne is doing their restoration of old 2nd gen and turning them into new cars, with like LS7's and stuff, thats what i was talking about.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...-return-36892/

Pontiac/ GM recently got back the name "Firebird" and even "Fiero" at the time, they where covering their bases in case the Firebird really became a viable option...they still have the rights, all they need is the cash.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Everyone knows about the year one cars they hardly count. Theyre not new and theyre not very affordable either. Id give your left nut for one, dont get me wrong, im just saying its not comparable to having a new firebird. SLP, ug, i dont know. After the G8 firehawk fiasco, i dont know if i trust them anymore. I would like for year one to do it.

Quick Reply: Whatever you do Dont get rid of Your Birds