Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Drivers Seat Question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Drivers Seat Question?

Hi, I'm new to the whole Trans Am world. I just purchased a 99 T/A. My question is in reguard to the drivers seat. The lower back support is power. It is all the way out and I can't get it to go back in. It really hurts my back. Not sure if its a switch issue or what but is there any sort of quick fix just to keep it from hurting my back until its warm enough to go fixing a bunch of stuff. Thanks for any ideas or suggestion.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It runs off an air pump that's located under the passenger's seat. It pumps the air through lines over to the driver's side.

I would first check fuse #12. It's a 30A circuit breaker. Location is in the fuse panel on the driver's side of the dash. The defog and seats are on the same circuit.

If that doesn't work and your looking for a quick fix, you might be able to disconnect one of the black hoses from under the driver's seat and bleed off the pressure.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you for the great info. I will definantly have to give that a try. I'll let you know how it works out for me.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eseibel67
It runs off an air pump that's located under the passenger's seat. It pumps the air through lines over to the driver's side.

I would first check fuse #12. It's a 30A circuit breaker. Location is in the fuse panel on the driver's side of the dash. The defog and seats are on the same circuit.

If that doesn't work and your looking for a quick fix, you might be able to disconnect one of the black hoses from under the driver's seat and bleed off the pressure.
You cant check those. Only replace the breaker. Recently had issues myself. They are about 3 bucks at autozone
Old 01-29-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks a lot guys. I looked under the pass side seat and found the pump. At the pump is a quick connect for the two lines. Disconnected it and releaved all the pressure. My back thanks you more than you know. I'll find out what's wrong when there's not 2" of ice outside on the ground... Thanks again.