Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Vent Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vent Fog Lights

I was wanting to see other people's thoughts on mounting an extra set of lights behind the vents below the DRL's. I wanted to give the road a little extra light without using the pop up's, but I don't want to make it look rice, stupid, or spend time and money for me(and others) to hate it. Thoughts?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Um....no.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:05 AM
TECH Regular

Why not just replace the stock bulbs in your fog lights with a set of bright *** HIDs? No pop-ups, stock look when not in use, and they take care of your desire to see road a little(lot) better.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.paveglio.com/firebird/200...html#foglights

I personally wouldn't do it, but there is some info if you decide to. Sweet color car by the way.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EVILWS6
Um....no.
I was kinda feeling the same way, I love the look of our cars stock, I don't wanna screw up how great it looks
Originally Posted by 95TAJade
Why not just replace the stock bulbs in your fog lights with a set of bright *** HIDs? No pop-ups, stock look when not in use, and they take care of your desire to see road a little(lot) better.
I have some on the way, but I wasn't sure if they'd light the road enough to use the fog lights alone at night
Originally Posted by SweeTbone
http://www.paveglio.com/firebird/200...html#foglights

I personally wouldn't do it, but there is some info if you decide to. Sweet color car by the way.
Thanks! You too! Yeah, i'm cheap so I doubt i'll do it. I was just thinkin how to light the road better but keep the stock look as much as possible, but i'll see how the HID's work out
Old 03-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Birdcountry02
I was kinda feeling the same way, I love the look of our cars stock, I don't wanna screw up how great it looks

I have some on the way, but I wasn't sure if they'd light the road enough to use the fog lights alone at night

Thanks! You too! Yeah, i'm cheap so I doubt i'll do it. I was just thinkin how to light the road better but keep the stock look as much as possible, but i'll see how the HID's work out
I just installed a 35w 6000k hid kit from ddmtuning for my fogs on my T/A

I had to adjust them up alittle by the screw on the top, clockwise, for it to be visible enough, before it was pointed too far to the ground.

Trust me, you won't need headlights, I turn mine on, and it's hardly a difference with the hids already on, plus no more bat ears lol
Old 03-08-2010, 07:02 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I tried it on my race car since the only "headlights" now are the driving lights. I used some Harbor Freight oval-shaped driving lights. I just recently removed them because I just didn't like how it looked....

They were just held in place with lots of black silicone
Old 03-08-2010, 09:21 AM

I would go HID's. Just from personal experience. They have plenty of light to see the road and i had to use just the fog lights when one of my headlight motors went out. I didn't want to drive around with one headlight on lol. My fog lights are 8000K and my Headlights are 10,000K

Day Time-

Night Time-

If you use this Thread it will be very helpful and informative.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-trans-am.html

Last edited by SICK-SILVER-WS6; 03-08-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ddmtuning, raptor 880 kit 35w. 8000k if you want a little blue, 6000k for more white. only 30 bucks. lifetime warranty

oh, i like the color of your car too
Old 03-08-2010, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mischief
I just installed a 35w 6000k hid kit from ddmtuning for my fogs on my T/A

I had to adjust them up alittle by the screw on the top, clockwise, for it to be visible enough, before it was pointed too far to the ground.

Trust me, you won't need headlights, I turn mine on, and it's hardly a difference with the hids already on, plus no more bat ears lol
Is it legal to use fogs only, even if they are bright as headlights? I think there is a minimum height required for headlights.

I would love to use fogs instead of the flip up air brake headlights.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whitdog54
ddmtuning, raptor 880 kit 35w. 8000k if you want a little blue, 6000k for more white. only 30 bucks. lifetime warranty

Damn, maybe the $50 kit I bought was overkill? well not really, the one for $49.99 includes slim ballasts and relays, can't really beat that price even if its for fogs only, it seems to be of more quality then the cheaper one.

Originally Posted by eseibel67
Is it legal to use fogs only, even if they are bright as headlights? I think there is a minimum height required for headlights.

It may be illegal, not sure, I havent had problems at all with police, it lights up the road perfectly.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
I tried it on my race car since the only "headlights" now are the driving lights. I used some Harbor Freight oval-shaped driving lights. I just recently removed them because I just didn't like how it looked....

They were just held in place with lots of black silicone
This is similar to what I was thinking. If I did it, i'd mount it behind the vent though. I want to keep the look as stock as possible

Originally Posted by whitdog54

You too man! I love this color, I gotta wash it up though. Ive got layers of dirt that needs washed now that its nice out

Originally Posted by eseibel67

Good question man. This is another reason I was asking. I don't want it to look goofy, but I also can't get pulled over and if its behind the vent I don't think it'd look too bad. Then again, you never know til it's done
Old 03-11-2010, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

If you do it right, I think lights in there wouldn't be bad at all, for that extra little bit of light you need sometimes.. But the keywords here are: IF YOU DO IT RIGHT.

Quick Reply: Vent Fog Lights