Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

00 Blackbird

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 Blackbird

Whelp, back from another trip on the towboat. Haven't been on in a while, anyway. The problem with my clutch was, well there was no problem at all. Like I said this is my first manual, and I was ridin the clutch waaay too much. Now all I'm worried about is my oil. I'm taking it to get it changed tomorrow. My Service Engine Soon light is on and I'm really hoping it's just my oil and my air filter. Gotta get my lights looked at. For some reason my lights are flopped around on my drivers side. When you turn the brights on the dim lights come on instead. Passenger's side is normal, I don't think it's anything more than the wires are crossed from too many do it yourself jobs in the past. What do yall think?
Old 03-30-2010, 12:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is the change oil light on or the service engine light on? I dont think the service engine light would get tripped from the oil or air filter. Is the oil low? That may cause it. I would say get the oil change and have them check the air filter, if the air filter is dirty (assuming K&N) clean it yourself cause they will charge you a lot to clean it, or if its a paper filter get a new one yourself. Have them check the service engine light and tell you what it is. They might charge you quite a bit just to pull the code so I would recommend going to Advanced and borrow the scanner and they will tell you what the code is.

I dont really understand the light issue. Are the low beams on before you try the brights or are they off then come on when the brights are supposed to come on? Maybe someone else has an idea?

Hope this helps.