Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Raised Rear Spoiler question am i missing a piece?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raised Rear Spoiler question am i missing a piece?

i recently had my formula painted pewter, its been modified with a Ws6 raised spoiler and hatch. i had the paint shop take the spoiler off, now i want to put it back on but there was a platic piece in the backseat that i threw away. it was shaped just like the spoiler, anyone know what this piece is? and is it structuraly critical to the replacement of the spoiler to my hatch?
Old 05-19-2010, 02:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CoulsonSS
i recently had my formula painted pewter, its been modified with a Ws6 raised spoiler and hatch. i had the paint shop take the spoiler off, now i want to put it back on but there was a platic piece in the backseat that i threw away. it was shaped just like the spoiler, anyone know what this piece is? and is it structuraly critical to the replacement of the spoiler to my hatch?
was it the interior trim for the hatch? i believe thats shaped in a u similar to the spoiler itself.

this pic isn't very good but you can kind of see the plastic part i'm talking about on the underside of the hatch.

i don't know if that piece is the same for the firebird hatch vs the t/a hatch. I would think it would be since the interior is the same regardless of t/a or firebird, or in that area camaros for that matter, so i'd guess it's the same and maybe it was just an extra?

Quick Reply: Raised Rear Spoiler question am i missing a piece?