Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Texas Speed True Duals and Headers system into 2000 M6 TA

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Speed True Duals and Headers system into 2000 M6 TA

My 2000 Trans Am's exhaust is basically shot right before the muffler (massive hole) as it sits currently, and I'm in the market for a new exhaust. There are no emissions requirements here in Ohio, so I'm planning on dumping my catalytics, and going headers/true duals with bullet mufflers. Does anyone know the approximate cost, plus hours of labor required with the TS True Duals kit? Also, what headers and mufflers have worked best for those with the kit?I've looked standard cat-backs and Y-Pipe systems, but I want to try true duals, instead. Car is a DD, so if true duals are a massive waste of money as opposed to the conventional Y-Pipe setup, please let me know. I am planning on camming the car, but not for a while.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can get a set of pacesetter hedders for around 250 to 300 and the tsp duals are 459 plus shipping new. so just parts unless you buy used.. about 700 to 800.. then theres labor if you dont do it yourself(which it is pretty easy and plenty of write ups on here to tell you how.) most shops(atleast where im at are $95 HR and its about a 2 hr install getting everything tucked nicely. all in all going through a shop about a grand.

duals are def the way to go. if your trying to improve perofrmance. seeing as you want to cam it then Long tube hedders and duals are the route you want to go. GL.

word to the wise though.. being a 12 year old car i advise changing the motor mounts while your down there. its just something that most of us do when changing exhaust.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:34 AM
TECH Resident

go hooker, kooks, or arh
if you insist on pacesetter go coated

as for TDs... get the summit x-pipe u-fit kit (choose your own muffler)
and take it to a shop that can do mandrel bends.
the summit x pipe will need slight modication on the driver side...

i hopefully will be gettng the summit x pipe kit here in a few days iff my exhaust i have now sells

Yes go a head and get motor mounts and tranny mounts if its a m6
also use your stock manifold gaskets or order new gm ones...
Old 07-18-2012, 11:02 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out our Texas Speed polished 304 stainless steel headers! We offer an 1 3/4" primary header for $399 so you can get the price point of the Pacesetter but with better looks, and a much better collector and velocity spike at the end of the header!

http://www.texas-speed.com/p-3516-te...e-headers.aspx

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 07-18-2012, 11:20 AM
TECH Resident

^^^
I forgot to mention them. TSP offers some quality parts and a very nice price!

Quick Reply: Texas Speed True Duals and Headers system into 2000 M6 TA