Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

New T/A WS 6

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New T/A WS 6

Well first post here. I inherited a red 2000 WS 6 with 7,423 miles on it. The car is mint with 2 miner scratches where a cat jumped on the hood. I have been doing some reading an catching up on all the known problems and a few mod's I would like to do already. The original tires on it are dry rotted and will need replaced. While I was at it I was thinking maybe a set of 17" Torque Thrust wheels for the new rubber. I also like the ceta mod, but I'm not keen on painting it myself. I promised this person I would not rag the car out so the engine/car is staying mostly stock.

What are some bolt on's you guys would recommend to free up a few more ponies, also what's a good after market exhaust for the T/A? I think that's about all I'm going to be doing right now. Just wheels, exhaust and some bolt on's, nothing too major. Thanks for any input.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Most people like to buy the torque thrust rims, the 17 11s and get drag radials or street drag, i put Nitto NT05Rs on and theyre amazing. i stayed with the stock ws6 rims though but theyre 17 9s and the only 315 tires that fit on them are nittos.

You definately want to change your intake to cold air, take away that constricting filter box. Slp lid, Volant, theres alot of others just ask a few people in that section for details.

GMMG, Magnaflow, Pacesetter, Hookers are all good for exhaust. Theres alot more. I have heard that GMMG is the best catback for the fbody ever, but still look around. I have Pacesetter perf headers and ORY with magnaflow on back and it sounds good, i would love to buy gmmg but i didnt have enough $ when i was changing the backpart of the system. Now i do i just dont wanna mess with it since i have cutouts and im happy.

Those are like thebasic three things to change first on any car.

Of course you could get into suspension to replace the terrible stock shocks, and lower it so it doesnt look like a TA truck lol.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Can we get some pics of the ws6? @ OP
Old 09-17-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am with Texasbeeks2 on the Volant and GMMG. I don't think you would ever regret either of those. Your car will sound amazing, even with very little modifications. Check out LS1sounds.com to listen to various exhaust set-ups as everyone has different tastes. I also agree on lowering it, but I'd stay less than 2" for sure. Don't skimp on shock or spring quality, buy used, or wait and save up as getting crap springs or shocks will affect ride, performance and looks, just not worth the savings. I like Eibach Pro Kit springs, but not the Eibach Sportlines because they are just too low for any kind of street driving. Straino, Spohn, Koni, all great names on F-Bodies.

Last edited by Raleigh TA; 09-17-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:56 AM
Staging Lane

Honestly, if it's under 7500 original miles and completely stock, leave it that way. There are too many already ragged out that you could pick up cheap if you just want something to modify.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Procharge it at a very safe boost level and just keep it clean.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kacivic
Honestly, if it's under 7500 original miles and completely stock, leave it that way. There are too many already ragged out that you could pick up cheap if you just want something to modify.

This, get it detailed, new tires and just keep up with maintenance.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree with keeping it original and maintaining it. That's crazy low miles.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If your car has just been sitting this whole time and not serviced lately I'd recommend getting the fluids changed. coolant flush, brake fluid, etc, as well as inspect the belt and hoses.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by tuske427
If your car has just been sitting this whole time and not serviced lately I'd recommend getting the fluids changed. coolant flush, brake fluid, etc, as well as inspect the belt and hoses.
Definitely! The age alone would warrant changing the fluids.
Greg22, I know your post is almost a month old already, and if it isn't too late, make sure you keep the original items you take off the car if you are going to mod it. The wheels, etc.. could enhance a future sale if you don't add too many miles or beat up the car, or even change your mind within the next year or two.

Last edited by NC01TA; 09-24-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 10-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Congrats on inheriting a great car. I really like my SLP Loud Mouth 2 cat back exhaust. I recomend getting an aftermarket air box lid and either make the ram air hood functional ram air or do one of the other set ups. There are several good free mods that you can do like the tb coolant bypass and porting and polishing your tb along with the bump stop mod. It is easy and worth doing in my opinion.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Here for pics

Quick Reply: New T/A WS 6