Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Passenger side turn signal/headlight troubles

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side turn signal/headlight troubles

So the other day my right turn signal quit working, promptly replaced the bulb to only find out that the socket was corroded and wet inside. I replaced the whole socket assembly with a BWD socket, and a new flasher. Now is the tricky part... when the running lights are on it is more dim than the drivers side, it's because only one filament burning rather than both.

The turn signal works with only the running lights on, but once I turn on the headlights it causes it to burn both filaments, but the turn signal won't work with the headlights on nor just parking lights. The factory wiring harness was fine and I believe I wired it correctly. (Black w/ Black, Blue w/ Blue, and Green w/ Brown. The green is the BWD socket wiring and the brown is factory for those who are unaware.

It's been pissing me off for days now, and I'm am secretly hoping my car burns to the ground in the middle of the night. Please help!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had to cut and splice together the headlight harness connector because it was corroded from the inside, and that was causing all kinds of different headlight/turn signal problems.

Im guessing your turn signal housing glass is cracked, if so, id replace the housing too. If not, the socket will corrode again in about 2 months. i bought new housings through amazon and they look a lot nicer. Plus i drilled a few holes in the bottom to let water escape in case it finds its way back in again.

Quick Reply: Passenger side turn signal/headlight troubles