Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

First Genners, Contemporary Seat Swaps?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 12:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default First Genners, Contemporary Seat Swaps?

So, any of you first gen Firebird guys updated the front seats to something more contemporary? I'm looking at a couple different ones.

1) CTS/CTS-V seats up to 2007. I'm looking at these because they are leather and they have the seatbelt integrated to the seat.

2) Lexus IS seats. These are narrow, leather, heated and ventilated, controls on the side, except for heating and cooling I think.

3) Something out of a Mercedes SL maybe? I haven't seen too many.

4) GTO/G8 Seats, front and back.

5) BMW 7 series, I saw some on ebay today and they "look" like they could fit.

6) Cadillac DTS seats. I had an '08 DTS, heated and ventilated, and I think they will work.

What have you guys successfully integrated?
Old 02-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running 4th gen Firebird seats and love them. They fit the car very well, are extremely comfortable plus the driver's side has multiple adjustments.

The first gen stock seats are barbaric and ok to cruise the car, but that is about it.

The front bolts bolt right in, you will need to either drill the floor or make small brackets to mount the rear rail holes.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

I'm hoping for heated and ventilated seats since it gets hot and cold here in Las Vegas. I need to get the seat area measured so I can try to figure out what will fit. I'm sure it's all going to have to be modes.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

The more I look on ebay, the more I find potential seats. Ultimately, finding something with the seatbelt attached and a forward release for a coupe, with black leather, power, heating, and ventilation would be a bullseye. I measured the existing dilapidated seat and it measures 22x22x~9.5. I didn't have the track in the position where the seat would be all the way back and as a result at it's tallest.

Quick Reply: First Genners, Contemporary Seat Swaps?