Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Re-did tint - Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
I like it dude, I like windshield tint and think I'm going to do mine also, looks good ! Quick question, when removing the old hatch tint can I expect the defrost stripping to come off also? Not that I care if it did
Thanks man. And no, it shouldn't come off when you remove the tint
Old 05-30-2014, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

I would say it depends on how old the tint is and how careful you are. If it's still in good shape I would leave it alone unless you're going to have a professional remove it.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Op looks good I'm going to get my windshield done now after seeing yours I have 15% all around and I think that'll complete the look

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
You'd get stopped here in NYC. Then beaten.
Yup I'm in Staten Island I know your pain, got pulled over once officer puts the meter on and says "the legal limit in New York is 75% percent what does this say" I responded looking down and said "12" he wasn't happy lol
Old 06-01-2014, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

That's one mean MFTA!
Old 06-01-2014, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks damn good man! I had 20% mirrored on the rear and driver and passenger and got pulled. The ticket was $100 and his little graph thing he put on my window said it was like 13%, so I left the rear alone and went with 35% not mirrowed on driver and passenger. No problems now. The one thing I didn't like about the 20% was that in neighborhoods, going slow and going thru stop signs you cannot see people walking and riding bikes at night. Day time was good but night time I had to crack the window to make sure once I was in the neighborhood. What I liked about the 20% is you could not see in my car at all.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nicky98T/a
Op looks good I'm going to get my windshield done now after seeing yours I have 15% all around and I think that'll complete the look
Thanks man. I used to get my windows done dark but never touched the windshield until my TA and RX8 and I think it looks a lot better having it all done. It just looks more complete.

Originally Posted by vikingramair
That's one mean MFTA!
Thanks. Fun thing is it sounds just as mean as it looks.
Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
Looks damn good man! I had 20% mirrored on the rear and driver and passenger and got pulled. The ticket was $100 and his little graph thing he put on my window said it was like 13%, so I left the rear alone and went with 35% not mirrowed on driver and passenger. No problems now. The one thing I didn't like about the 20% was that in neighborhoods, going slow and going thru stop signs you cannot see people walking and riding bikes at night. Day time was good but night time I had to crack the window to make sure once I was in the neighborhood. What I liked about the 20% is you could not see in my car at all.
Thanks. During the day you can't really tell it's tinted as dark as it is from the inside. You can tell it's tinted at night, but I haven't had a hard time seeing out of it really. It's nice that you can't really see in it but I think it keeps it noticeably cooler inside too.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

Looks good!! I need to get my tint redone, but the darkest i go is 20% as any darker and its a cop magnet. I used to get all my windshields done with 50% it looks great but makes the rest of your tint look way darker.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Launching!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks great man! In Chicago you would get shot, pulled over, and arrested. (in that order)
Old 06-03-2014, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

Looks great against the silver. I've got mine tinted 5% on the sides and rear, then the windshield is 30%. Not as bad as you'd think to drive but not great. It's not a daily driver though. I've passed many cops and have yet to get pulled over. "Knock on wood"
Old 06-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by banshe5
Looks great against the silver. I've got mine tinted 5% on the sides and rear, then the windshield is 30%. Not as bad as you'd think to drive but not great. It's not a daily driver though. I've passed many cops and have yet to get pulled over. "Knock on wood"
Dang that's dark. But yeah, mine's not as bad as it sounds to see out of either. I don't daily drive mine or drive it in the winter as well
Old 06-06-2014, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great, especially on silver. You car has a real nice over all look too. I have limo on my back and it's not all that bad. I went a little darker on the sides at 15%. I have always been leery about tinting my windshield though.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Launching!

Thanks. Yours looks good too man.

Quick Reply: Re-did tint - Pics!