Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

rear ws6 vert springs question

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 01:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default rear ws6 vert springs question

Ok I currently have eibach prokit springs on kyb agx adjustable all around. The back end is a little too low for my taste with my drags in back as I'm thinking of going with a 28" tire instead of a 26. I found a set of ws6 vert rear springs for super cheap. I put them on the other day and I swear it looked twice as high as my stock springs I had. Are the vert rears stiffer than the hatchback rears?

Here's hoe the car sits with the drags, as you can see it's kinda low and doing a 28 would seem impossible as is

If the vert springs don't work I'm just gonna order some strano springs instead, but figure I would ask on here first
Old 09-24-2014, 07:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They shouldn't be any different. I have 2 ws6 verts. Is anything hitting in the wheel well or something holding it up? Take a picture of it with the stock springs. Here's how mine sat with the stock springs.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok I prolly won't have a chance to switch out springs until Friday or Saturday though cuz of work but I'll post a picture when I do.

It didn't look like anything was hitting or anything was in the way. I set them the same way I set my eibach springs. They just sat a lot higher lol
Old 10-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get yourself a set of adjustable spring perches from Wolfe motorsport

Quick Reply: rear ws6 vert springs question