Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

1997 trans am with 2002 front end swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1997 trans am with 2002 front end swap

ive been keeping a check on all the used car sources trying to find a reasonably priced trans am in my area (i have just about gave up all hope)
I found a 1997 trans am with a 2002 front end swap, it has a base firebird front bumper and regular hood (not a ram air hood).
Ive checked around and found that the 1998/2002 front end swapped onto a pre 1998 trans am has been done before.
My question is what should i look for to make sure its been done correctly? I like the way it looks but dont want to get stuck with some shade tree mechanics project. My main concern is that the electrical components be gremlin free.
What is a good price for a 1997 trans am, automatic with 97k miles with the front end swap?
Old 10-30-2014, 03:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as far as whats involved in the swap, the headlight motors are the same just swapped to opposite sides and the fog lights and turn signals may or may not need the wires lengthened to reach the new locations, really not much to it.

the brackets that supports the front bumper are different (including the foam pad), really not a whole lot to it, would say it would take a moron to screw it up, outside of getting all the panels aligned, which can be a bit of a pain and is what I see most often in the "shadetree" swaps.

Quick Reply: 1997 trans am with 2002 front end swap