Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

need ls1 experts, advice. 02 ws6 :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 08:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need ls1 experts, advice. 02 ws6 :)

So, I opened up the garage door a little, started up the TA and it started idling reeeallllly low, starving for fuel it seemed. I could also smell a hint of fresh gasoline in the garage while it idled. so i turned it off, disconnected and connected the battery, started it back up, and it was fine. I believe there is no leaks as far as I know, but it drove perfectly fine after it started back up..

At first, I thought it was just out of gas since my fuel gauge rarely works. The 'check gauges' light will come on and the fuel gauge will drop. but when light goes away every 20 seconds or so, itll give me a reading on the gauge.... weird........ anyone have any ideas? or similar problems?
I'm not driving it out in the snow, just checking up on it every now in then....just purchased from dealer.
thanks in advance!
fbody4everyone is offline Report Post Edit/Delete Message
Old 11-25-2014, 06:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have a bad sending unit or a wobbly connection somewhere. If you don't want to fix it, just reset you trip odometer after you fill it. Shouldn't take long to figure out how far you can go before you need to refill.

If you live in a climate that has snow and you don't drive the car for several months at a time, do not start it periodically. Next to drag racing, cold starts are the hardest thing you can do to an engine. Just prepare it for hibernation and leave it.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I did not know that. And it does get below 0 sometimes, thanks.

Quick Reply: need ls1 experts, advice. 02 ws6 :)