Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Cruise control on a v6 to ls1 swap question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control on a v6 to ls1 swap question

I just pulled the ls1 out and was in the middle of pulling various stuff off the ls donor car. I pulled the cruise module and I just assumed it would bolt up and work - bolts up just fine but alas no electrical connection!!!!
Then it occurred to me the v6 came with an electronic throttle and cruise controlled by the pcm......

Any idea how to fix this?
Do I need to pull the whole harness out of the engine bay?
And if so what's the easiest way to go about it?

Thanks
Old 12-13-2014, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I did my swap I pulled the whole wiring harness out of the engine bay of the donor car...there's really no easy way to do it just pick a spot and start pulling it out...what year is your donor and your v6?
Old 12-13-2014, 12:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are both 99's

If they made a spot where the harness could be disconnected at the firewall like it is on the passenger side I think I'd do it but there's no way to get the harness through without de-pinning a BUNCH of wires.... It looks like the harness disconnects where it meets the firewall but if it does I haven't figured out how to get it apart.
Either way, looks like I'll be doing without cruise control...
Unless someone has a trick to get it done.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the passenger side under the computer there's a wire with 2 plugs a blue and a white, those should pull through with a little force and you can unplug them without getting in the car as for the the harness going into the firewall on the drivers side, that big black box looking thing is a junction box and won't come apart so if you go to get the whole harness you have to chase wires up under the dash and unplug them it's not very hard everything is within reach...if you get the whole harness its a lot easier then making the v6 harness work cause everything's plug and play...Good luck

Quick Reply: Cruise control on a v6 to ls1 swap question