Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Clutch noise please help...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch noise please help...

02 WS6 57k Cam heads exhaust making about 550 engine 425 wheel

I'm trying to figure this clutch noise out. Not all of the time, but most of the time when I'm in 1st gear only from a stop as I release the clutch and depress the throttle I hear a noise for just a second, probably when the plate is contacting the flywheel. Its like a errrrr type sound like dragging a heavy wood chair on a wood floor, if that helps..... I think I hear it if and when I down shift back into first but I don't do that often. I replaced the clutch from a RAM to a SPEC 2+, Its was a used clutch but great condition. It didn't happen at first, maybe after the first 1000 miles it started, and I only drive it a few times a week and only summer. So I put maybe 2000 miles on it last summer.
I did notice some chatter previously but that was if I didn't have enough gas and released the clutch too much. I don't seem to notice the chatter anymore, just this annoying sound. I don't notice any slippage at all! And when I changed the clutch it was everything, flywheel, brand new slave.

Thanks for the help! I'f there's already a post about it please direct me as I really don't have the time to search, I mean I have just didn't find it and cant spend hours looking, would rather spend my time with my kids when
I'm not working.

Quick Reply: Clutch noise please help...