Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

1991 formula, switch problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1991 formula, switch problem?

I tried in the headlight thread and no response.

so my 91 got moved, not by me, and one headlight stayed up. go out to fix it a few weeks later and no power battery is dead. the headlight switch is off so I pop the hood and turn the headlight down it goes down. hook a charger up to it and the motors start trying to turn. so I unplug them and leave charger on it all night still nothing, at this point yes I think my batt is dead, but I hook another battery up too it and the charger all the lights come on but a little bit later they don't like it has a good voltage draw. the headlight motors are still unhooked. I hooked them up with yet another batt and they still don't have enough to open but the lights work nice and car wont turn over. anyone had a problem with headlight switch going bad or some other relay?
Old 03-07-2017, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

check the ground cable on both ends, maybe good enough for light to work , but starter draws much more, do headlights dim allot when you try to start it?
Old 03-07-2017, 05:36 PM
TECH Addict

I didn't try to start it with the lights on. next day off I was gonna start pulling fuses and see if I find a hot circuit