what is going on in this thread?
1998 t/a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #42
Save the manuals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 t/a View Post
what is going on in this thread?
Look at the pictures - piston tumor.

Last edited by wssix99; 03-09-2017 at 05:42 AM.
wssix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:06 AM   #43
TECH Enthusiast

You have come a long way in a short time with it, that's awesome. That screw in the piston though holy crap what a punch to the gut. Look forward to seeing it finished.

My only thought is someone swapped it over to LT style in hopes of tricking other LS guys into doing some runs. Personally I would probably be one of those guys. I have had LT cars and LS cars and if a LT guy wanted to run I wouldn't think twice. The sound of the two are very different to me so that would be a dead giveaway without looking under the hood but it could fool alot of people out of some pocket change thinking they are running a LT1
Docrocket1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:42 AM   #44
Launching!

seeing how the screw is in such good shape, and the threads were fine (and this is just a random thought) i wonder if it wasn't installed as a "test" to see if it would change compression ratio. Although it would be an extremely minor change, its just sitting there too "perfect" for it to be an unfortunate mishap
bleepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:45 PM   #45
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleepster View Post
seeing how the screw is in such good shape, and the threads were fine (and this is just a random thought) i wonder if it wasn't installed as a "test" to see if it would change compression ratio. Although it would be an extremely minor change, its just sitting there too "perfect" for it to be an unfortunate mishap
I would hope not lol
Formula702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:49 PM   #46
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docrocket1967 View Post
You have come a long way in a short time with it, that's awesome. That screw in the piston though holy crap what a punch to the gut. Look forward to seeing it finished.

My only thought is someone swapped it over to LT style in hopes of tricking other LS guys into doing some runs. Personally I would probably be one of those guys. I have had LT cars and LS cars and if a LT guy wanted to run I wouldn't think twice. The sound of the two are very different to me so that would be a dead giveaway without looking under the hood but it could fool alot of people out of some pocket change thinking they are running a LT1
maybe your right the newer front end looks a lot better to me ? Have no money left but would love to switch back .would love to make a few dollars back esp is some one thinks it's a lt1 ether way just trying to put together best I can . When my pistons get here I'd like to document a little more of the machine shop side of things
Old 03-09-2017, 10:28 PM   #47
TECH Addict

I'm interested to hear how that intake performs when you get it all together.

I was once told during my build you gotta hate it before you can love it. Seems pretty apt in this case I'm sure you will pull it around though.
blackbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:56 PM   #48
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbyrd View Post
I'm interested to hear how that intake performs when you get it all together.

I was once told during my build you gotta hate it before you can love it. Seems pretty apt in this case I'm sure you will pull it around though.
yea I'm curious as to the intake to .it kinda has me stumped on porting my heads becuase I figure with that and the 102tb there will be a lot of sit wondering if I should keep the bowl swirl or just clean it up so far I have a rough cut and will wait tell I get valves and such and decide what to do.with the cam I got and the mid rise I'd assume top end will be great and not having to much down low mixed with street tires figure let the 10 bolt live a little .at this point I need pistons which I'm waiting for and valves which haven't figured which size to use more then likely 202 and 157
Old 03-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #49
Teching In

Got a little work done today cleaned the 243s up and started to open them up .other then that waiting for parts
Old 03-12-2017, 07:34 PM   #50
Teching In

Won't finish until I get valves
Old 03-16-2017, 11:24 AM   #51
Teching In

Oil pump came in decided to take it apart clean it up a little and see no a lot of the higher end stuff come so with o rings so I made a tool at work and made my own o ring Not bad right took a whole 5 min
Just cleaned it up a little
Old 04-06-2017, 10:21 PM   #52
Teching In

Degreed the cam came out great tsp cams are always very close to what they say
I looked and seem really explensive pick up tubes so I made my own for 2$
Getting somewhere finally
Haven't got to much done yet but here is a few things Block nice and clean after sand blast hone and line hone
A little work to gallies just becuase
My bob weight super light duh to new rods
How far factory crank was off
Crank with bob weights
Finished drilled and grinded it tell it spin perfect like I always do at work
In action spinning at 500 rpm

Last edited by Formula702; 04-11-2017 at 09:34 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM   #53
In-Zane Moderator

Is that this particular intake? Seems for 500$ I would not have to buy a LS3 intake and a throttle body to match my cable drive and just find injectors. Just worried the LS3 would keep power down low better?

ZONES89RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #54
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONES89RS View Post
Is that this particular intake? Seems for 500$ I would not have to buy a LS3 intake and a throttle body to match my cable drive and just find injectors. Just worried the LS3 would keep power down low better?

yea looks about the same I bought it from top street performance . Ls3 would give you better low end but I don't believe enough to make a huge difference and you will pick up more up top and it fit perfect I was impressed I will hopefully be running again and dyno next week so hopefully I can post some graphs