Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Help trouble shooting DRL

Old 03-13-2017, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help trouble shooting DRL

I have a 2000 Trans AM WS6, the driver side DRL is not working. It is not getting voltage to the socket (or inches before socket)for daytime running mode. Blinker and marker light function correctly. I assume the wire goes to the DRL module behind the radio, and that maybe the are two seperate wires that come of the DRL module; one for Left DRL light and one for Right DRL. If this is the case I would check for voltage output at the Left side DRL output. Any help in trouble shooting would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
Old 03-14-2017, 06:02 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

If your nighttime running lights, turn signals, and hazards all work, you can be 100% sure all the sockets and wiring are fine.

It's not uncommon for the electronics (and or relays) in the DRL module to go bad and have the whole module needing to be replaced.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The light blue wire on the DRL module is for the left light. Dark blue for right.

I bought a used DRL module from a junkyard. I did a little bit of cross-referencing and found that an Oldsmobile minivan uses the same module. Paid $2.50 for it.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eseibel67
The light blue wire on the DRL module is for the left light. Dark blue for right.

I bought a used DRL module from a junkyard. I did a little bit of cross-referencing and found that an Oldsmobile minivan uses the same module. Paid $2.50 for it.

Thanks for the info, I plan to tear into it this weekend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help trouble shooting DRL