Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Driver seat power controls not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver seat power controls not working

Alright so I just bought my car wendsday. The driver seat was working fine. But yesterday I moved it all the way back to clean it and now none of the switches on the seat work. Now I'm sure it's not the fuse because the passenger seat works fine. Now other then that I haven't really tried anything because I wanted to check with you guys so I could just fix the correct thing the first time. Thanks
Old 04-01-2017, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Maybe some wires was stretched out and lost connection?
Old 04-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Yeah I'm going to take the seat out tomorrow and look under the carpet to see if any are corroded or disconnected. Thanks
Old 04-01-2017, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do not take out the carpet. The connector behind the switch is what gets corroded. I took off the one screw on the back/botom and was able to get my paw and wiggle the wires going into seat switch. It took me quite a few times of doing this for problem to go away. I know its lazy but it worked. I do have a used switch ready to go from another seat just in case.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 30thanniv
Do not take out the carpet. The connector behind the switch is what gets corroded. I took off the one screw on the back/botom and was able to get my paw and wiggle the wires going into seat switch. It took me quite a few times of doing this for problem to go away. I know its lazy but it worked. I do have a used switch ready to go from another seat just in case.
ok thank you, I'll try that today
Old 04-02-2017, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

was able to get my "paw" and wiggle the wires going into seat switch----> that's too funny
I didn't know the TA's had elect.passenger seats
Old 04-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2ToeRacing
was able to get my "paw" and wiggle the wires going into seat switch----> that's too funny
I didn't know the TA's had elect.passenger seats

well passenger has electric lumbard and something else I'm not even sure. But back and forth is a lever.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 30thanniv
i took the screw out of the back bottom right side next to the center console and I've been wiggling this wire but with no luck. Is this even the right wire?

Quick Reply: Driver seat power controls not working