Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Left Rear Blinker

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left Rear Blinker

My left rear blinker went out on my 01 Pontiac Firebird, due to condensation, I drilled holes, and it dryed up just fine.
i changed every bulb in all sockets front and rear both sides, but my left rear blinker refuses to work.
As I apply the brake the bulb in question works, as I apply the emergency flashers, the bulb in question works.
As I turn down on my steering column turn signal stick, I get a solid green left arrow in the dash, and from the outside the bulb in question works, just stays bright instead of blinking.
Been remeding the situation the past few nights by physically moving the steering columns signal stick by hand, (down, back up, down, back up, until halfway through the turn. (Kind of a pain in the @$$, due to my 5speed manual transmission, (one handed)

And just an hour ago, my registration renewal form just mailed, so I need to pass inspection soon.

Can anyone help me?
Old 05-02-2017, 02:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rodger01firebird
My left rear blinker went out on my 01 Pontiac Firebird, due to condensation, I drilled holes, and it dryed up just fine.
i changed every bulb in all sockets front and rear both sides, but my left rear blinker refuses to work.
As I apply the brake the bulb in question works, as I apply the emergency flashers, the bulb in question works.
As I turn down on my steering column turn signal stick, I get a solid green left arrow in the dash, and from the outside the bulb in question works, just stays bright instead of blinking.
Been remeding the situation the past few nights by physically moving the steering columns signal stick by hand, (down, back up, down, back up, until halfway through the turn. (Kind of a pain in the @$$, due to my 5speed manual transmission, (one handed)

And just an hour ago, my registration renewal form just mailed, so I need to pass inspection soon.

Can anyone help me?
I had a similar problem on mine. But my problem started when I replaced my front turn signal bulbs with led bulbs. They would not flash just stayed on the entire time both front and back. Found out I had to replace the flasher to be compatible with led's. Replaced the flasher and everything works fine now.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:23 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

There are two flashers. One for the hazards and one for the turn signals. If you search this site, you can get information on where they both are and how to replace them.

Quick Reply: Left Rear Blinker