Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

1998 trans am with 99+ pcm/harness and fuel tank/ sender unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1998 trans am with 99+ pcm/harness and fuel tank/ sender unit

1998 ws6 trans am bought as a roller with 99+ harness seems like everithing was repinned by previous owner as the car has a white wite going to rpm plug at pass fender and a green wire going to the harness both run behind the pcm and go to pass sidekick plugs. The guy i bought it from on here said all guages worked without a problem. I currently have no operating guages. They seems to move but not accurate.
Temp gauge (i have 98 style guage with a added wire going to pcm) DOES NOT WORK
Oil pressure guage (i have99+ style sensor) doenst move at all
Voltage guage (works fine)
Fuel guage reads full when on and drops to 3/4 when ign off
Rpm (not sure tbh) but i doubt itll work accuratly will double check once the car is 100% running with full exhaust installed.
I need help getting my fuel guage working. Been doing allot of reaseeching on here and pinc2-38 on 99+ pcm doesnt have a wire so i ran a wire to the DRK BLU wire at plug inside the car and still nothing. Tunedbyfrost did my tune and they brought this issue to my attention and even did the segment swap for no extra charge as far ik pcm should be programmed to everything i have installed but was advised that i need to add a wire somewhere to get the guge to work.

Quick Reply: 1998 trans am with 99+ pcm/harness and fuel tank/ sender unit