Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Any good pics of wiring diagrams for a 2000 TA?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 08:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 284 Likes on 187 Posts

Question Any good pics of wiring diagrams for a 2000 TA?

Anyone have a link, or source to figure out what a wire is for?

My recent addition, a 2000 WS6, has a wire tapped/soldered into another wire, that looks to be going to the ECU harness area, and to a relay (on other end)...However, one of the wires off of the relay, isn't connected to anything, (making it non-functional anyway) so just trying to see what I can find out before randomly snipping wires, lol.

I've attached pic of connector, where larger green wire is spliced into small green wire.....and also a pic of overall vicinity of where the connector is located...

FWIW, Car has a 2002 SILVERADO ECU (3 bar/Speed Density w/4L80E), if that matters.

I know the car at one time, had nitrous, so wonder if that is what it was connected to??

Any insight appreciated

Last edited by rel3rd; 02-06-2020 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

looks like someone did the fan relay switch mod. have you found a switch in the car? the mod pretty much lets you control the radiator fan instead of the ecm doing it. Hard to say since it looks like there are some homemade additions to the car.

Last edited by blackbyrd; 12-15-2017 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
looks like someone did the fan relay switch mod. have you found a switch in the car?
No switches/buttons inside of car, except for transbrake button.

The green to green is a TRIGGER wire, according to the relay diagram, but the wire off of the relay, that would power up something, when triggered, goes nowhere, lol. Literally is cut and just dangling around.

Is the GREEN wire of the car's harness the factory fan relay? Any idea?

I'd prefer to just let the HPTuners be able to "tune" the fan on/off and not an extra switch, but the POWER wire that gets hot when triggered, goes nowhere???
Old 12-15-2017, 09:20 AM
11 Second Club

Hard to say since it looks like there are some homemade additions to the car.
Yes, it has dual fuel pumps as well, one triggered by WOT switch. It's a turbo car.

I guess they changed their mind on the fan mod then...?
Old 12-15-2017, 09:25 AM
11 Second Club

Just did a quick search and found the "fan mod", and it looks like you are correct. I guess at some point, they controlled the low speed fan via a switch somewhere...

Since it's no longer a functional mod, I'll clip it out of the equation.

Thanks!
Old 12-15-2017, 11:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

yea it may have been part of the setup before doing the engine swap? glad you found the diagram I was gonna post it before I finished reading the rest of the posts. If i remember right its just a ground loop that selects between high and low speed. Man its been a long time since ive even heard anybody talk about this one haha. This was before HPtuners was popular and SLP used to sell a kit for about $40 hahaha.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

yea it may have been part of the setup before doing the engine swap? glad you found the diagram I was gonna post it before I finished reading the rest of the posts. If i remember right its just a ground loop that selects between high and low speed. Man its been a long time since ive even heard anybody talk about this one haha. This was before HPtuners was popular and SLP used to sell a kit for about $40 hahaha.
Yeah, the "fan mod install" link, that I saw, was from 10 years ago, lol.

Quick Reply: Any good pics of wiring diagrams for a 2000 TA?