Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

98 Firebird First restoration

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Firebird First restoration

I bought a 98 Firebird V6 3.8L about 4 months ago and I've been going through replacing the brake set up and the normal maintenance, but the front suspension has seen better days and now it's time to upgrade. I've been looking at the BMR packages ever since I saw a step by step that was done on the same year Camaro, but I can't find the full kit with the k member, upper and lower control arms, coil overs, etc. I'll include the link to the kit I've been looking for.
Also, does anyone know if BMR makes their suspension for the general year and body style of the car, and if so, would the camaro kit for the f body be compatible for the same car? Not sure how the bushings that come in the BMR kits are, or what material they usually are, but if they're sub par then I was prepared to replace them with an aftermarket kit anyway.

Link to Suspension Image:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...41811188171572

Planning to replace:
K-member
Upper control arms
Lower control arms
Sway Bar
Shocks and Coils

I know I'll probably have to buy the spindles, tie rods, and steering knuckles separately, but if anyone knows where I can find that kit in the image for sale and if it will be compatible with the car, please feel free to drop a reply