Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

SLP LTs on a lowered TA

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP LTs on a lowered TA

Does anyone have SLPs Long tubes on a lowered Trans Am? I want the SLPs but my 2002 ta is lowered with the eibach pro kit and I got the stock 16" wheels and I'm really worried that these things are gonna scrape all over the place! Please email me at joseph28104@yahoo.com with any helpful information!

Joe
Old 08-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Joseph Pancamo
Does anyone have SLPs Long tubes on a lowered Trans Am? I want the SLPs but my 2002 ta is lowered with the eibach pro kit and I got the stock 16" wheels and I'm really worried that these things are gonna scrape all over the place! Please email me at joseph28104@yahoo.com with any helpful information!

Joe
My friend has SLP LTs on his '02 SS on stock 17" SS wheels. They're kind of a hassle and they do tap on the ground often on any kind of rough terrain. We live in a backwater type of town so this is often an issue. He had plans to lower the car before the LTs but has no such plans now. Plus, those headers have to be dented to clear your steering or else they'll rub pretty bad.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:34 AM
12 Second Club

SLPs suck in the first place so don't get them because they flow like shiat. Plus, they hang low and flow like shiat.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ironheart1
My friend has SLP LTs on his '02 SS on stock 17" SS wheels. They're kind of a hassle and they do tap on the ground often on any kind of rough terrain. We live in a backwater type of town so this is often an issue. He had plans to lower the car before the LTs but has no such plans now. Plus, those headers have to be dented to clear your steering or else they'll rub pretty bad.
I never had to dent anything. Wierd
Old 08-14-2004, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
SLPs suck in the first place so don't get them because they flow like shiat. Plus, they hang low and flow like shiat.
How do you know they flow like crap? Mine made significant gains. So I don't know where you heard that.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:53 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I didn't have to dent my either. at least 1/2" to 3/4" clearance from the steering arm.

I agree they are low and will scrap even on a stock ride height. I have the most trouble at underground parking garages, but only when exiting.

I don't care what anyone says about the SLP headers--I like mine!
Old 08-25-2004, 05:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Heres my old T/a. Lowered 2' with eibachs and scraped everything. Never do that again.

Old 08-25-2004, 07:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear that the Kooks headers aren't as low and make great power. Also, Pacesetter headers tuck up real nice. There are always parts that might work better than others out there so just get what you like but the SLP LT's will drag.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

First off I love my SLP LT's my car is not lowered, and they occasionally drag on the speed bumps in parking lots ect, but I go over them easy anyways, and the comment made about having to dent them or whatever, is just ridiculous anyone that spends that kind of money on headers to smash them up is smoking crack SLP has an entire engineering staff that specifically designed those headers for that car, so lets not get ridiculous here I almost spilled my coffee now back on subject yes they occasionally drag at stock height so if your car is lowered, or you plan on lowering it I would not recommend the SLP LT's but there are other options out there for the lowered cars and Angus recommended a good choice with the pacesetters but the comment that SLP LT's suck because my friends neighbors dog had them and he heard that they sucked is just SLP LT's are one of the best headers available, if not the best, for LS1 powered vehicles wanting to retain stock height. now of course I am a little biased
Old 08-26-2004, 03:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

02 WS6 , I have to comment on your sig . You described my wife and me perfectly ! LMAO !!!! Damn that is so friggin true !
Old 08-26-2004, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't do it,they will hang to low. A buddy of mine has SLP Longtubes on his T/A that is not lowered and they hang low.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Didn't somebody not to long ago post some pics of what his SLP LT's looked like after hitting the top of a manhole cover.(he was lowered)
Old 08-27-2004, 12:46 AM
Teching In

do not get slp lt's, i have flp's which get get ground clearance and im thinkin of raising my car back up because of how much i scrape.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1999T/A
02 WS6 , I have to comment on your sig . You described my wife and me perfectly ! LMAO !!!! Damn that is so friggin true !
LMAO yea, it pretty much sums it up for alot of things
Old 08-27-2004, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

i got the ceramic coated slps on my ws-6 and my **** is lowered.. a lot. I cant even go over speed bumps period. in my oppionion a header is a header so get which ever ones you can find a good deal on.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

too me it doesnt look like the Headers are the problem......but the Y-pipe ....slp allows there Y-pipe to hang lower than he header merge collectors instead of tucking up ...SLP are great headers...however QTP and Kooks have it beat......and for the dude with FLP and dropped....i have never heard of that happening.....most people say FLP tucks up so much it bangs the floorboards. :/ oh well whatever im debating on QTPs or Kooks (both based on Grott headers) amazing flow and quality stainless steel....the Y-pipe is what im wondering about and the different merge collectors on the headers and the Y pipe merge collector...

Quick Reply: SLP LTs on a lowered TA