Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

2 Exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Exhaust questions

first, i want to go true duels, with bassani x pipe, how do i need to go about doing this, and if i dont go eith true duels, ive hurd alot of ls1 exhaust sounds with open cutouts... wut does this exactly mean, im moderatly new at this motor so i dont know alot about it, ne help would be nice, im soon going to buy long tubes, catback, no cats, and either x pipe or y pipe, but i do not know wut the open cutout is but the cars ive hurd it on sound amazing..

second part was what is the open cutout and wut does it consist of.. thanks all
Old 09-07-2004, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99RamAirLS1
first, i want to go true duels, with bassani x pipe, how do i need to go about doing this, and if i dont go eith true duels, ive hurd alot of ls1 exhaust sounds with open cutouts... wut does this exactly mean, im moderatly new at this motor so i dont know alot about it, ne help would be nice, im soon going to buy long tubes, catback, no cats, and either x pipe or y pipe, but i do not know wut the open cutout is but the cars ive hurd it on sound amazing..

second part was what is the open cutout and wut does it consist of.. thanks all
First, you should post this inthe external engine portion for best feedback.

But the true dual dumped before the axle can be done at many exhaust shops. When you go over the axle your are looking at a 2.25" to 2.5" restriction for 2 pipes unless you relocate the panhard bar, then 3" is possible. There are also true duals setups you can purchase pre bent like Texas Speed.

But, IMO, post this again in https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine-6/

Quick Reply: 2 Exhaust questions