Old 03-30-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default whatz the difference between??

firehawk and WS6?? besides the hood..
Old 03-30-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe its hood and wheels, other than that its pretty much the same as a ws6, except that it has much lower build numbers than ws6's.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

It's dropped with Bilstein components, so it doesn't look like a 4x4 truck as well. Has recorded build numbers like an SS. And according to Firehawk.org:

EDIT: I think there was also at least one spoiler available that was exclusive, it has two smaller layers of spoiler that are split apart.

335 horsepower, 5.7L, LS1 V8 engine with 345 ft./lbs. of torque

Firehawk exclusive, composite hood with functional air scoops

Firehawk exclusive, hood-mounted heat extractors

Firehawk exclusive, underhood forced-air induction system

Firehawk front fascia badge

Cat-Back, stainless steel, performance exhaust system with
twin dual tips

Upgraded suspension components

17"x9" lightweight aluminum painted wheels

Firestone Firehawk 275/40ZR17 SZ50 EP 17" tires

Firehawk exterior graphics on doors and rear fascia

Dash plaque and two Firehawk key fobs

Available on all Trans Am and Formula models
Suncoast Creations makes a very similar hood, called the Raptor. DrEvyl has it on one of his cars. The wheels may be available new somewhere, or used here on ls1tech or on ebay, I've seen at least one set before.

DrEvyl also has a review of a test drive of one on his website, lair.evyl.org <- sweet site.

firehawk.org link http://firehawk.org/header/1695.html

Last edited by Ballistic Jello; 03-30-2006 at 03:49 PM. Reason: stuff
Old 03-30-2006, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

suspension, appearance, price. plus some neato floormats.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:35 PM
12 Second Club

SLP package.. i believe the all hawks have it? not sure. but not to forget the true hawk spoiler now...
Old 03-30-2006, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rubber duck
suspension, appearance, price. plus some neato floormats.
Wow, definitely forgot that one. Yeah, a Firehawk had a pretty high MSRP considering the upgrades (you paid for exclusivity), and they still bring plenty of cash anywhere. I guess it's worth it in my opinion, but most people could give a damn.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Firehawk's had two different suspension options: Bilstein's or Koni's for the shocks. The Koni package was known as the 1LE package. I know the Koni package also has larger swaybars, sits 3/4" lower and a few other things I think. Not sure on the Bilstein pacakge. The WS6's supposedly had an upgraded suspession over a regular Trans Am...that's debatable though I think.

Different hood and possibilty of a different spolier. Depending on the year depended on what spoiler options you had. You always had the option to keep the spoiler for whatever base model car you had (formula or trans am). I know the 2002 optional spoiler was solid like the formula spoiler but had a lip, and an LED light bar across the width of the back. Earlier years had different looking optional spoilers. THe WS6 only comes with whatever spoiler is on the base model.

Depending on the year...either could be found on a formula or trans am base model.

Firehawks had two options for wheels: same style for both, just a different finish. One was chrome..I forget what the other is called. The WS6 didn't give you any choice over wheel design.

I know in at least 2002, there was an option for an "upgrade" to an auburn posi on the Firehawks.

You could get little extras with the Firehawk like a "birth certificate", embroidered car mats, custom deck lid mat, car cover, key fobs...

The late 01 and 02 Firehawks..a lot of them came with the Blackwing airlid. It's slightly better than the stock GM one...the baffles aren't in the underside of the lid.

The WS6 does have the larger lower airbox where the airbox on the Firehawk is identical to the lower airbox on a standard trans am.

The hood on the Firehawk is lighter than a WS6 hood I believe...haven't had them off the cars to know for sure...but it feels like it when you shut them.

The Koni shock package certainly handles better than the WS6..much less body roll..stiffer suspension all the way around...of course you feel the road bumps a lot more too then.

oh..the front bumper on the Firehawk is slightly modified to fit the hood. That center section where the nostrils are is cut slightly differently...lower if I remember right.

I can't remember if the WS6 got an upgraded exhaust from a TA or not. I know some, if not all of the Firehawks come with the SLP dual-dual exhaust. There might be some other exhaust options with the Firehawk..I can't remember for sure right now...

Right now those are the differences I can think of...

Last edited by Kenafin_02TA; 03-31-2006 at 09:29 PM. Reason: adding more information..
Old 03-31-2006, 10:00 PM
Banned

Kenafin_02TA pretty much said it. Here's a summary:

With the 2002 Firehawk with all options you get:

different hood with functional ram-air AND heat extractors
high flow air lid
SLP dual/dual exhaust
supposed SLP tune
Bilstein or Koni suspension
stiffer lower control arm bushings
thicker sway bar
Auburn differential (stock gear ratio)
Firehawk specific 17" rims
decals and badges, key fobs, birth certificate,rear deck mats,portfolio
optional IROC rear spoiler
car cover
floor mats

With all options it was around $9,500 on top of the standard Trans-Am.

I'm so glad I stumbled upon mine. Here are some photos:

Old 04-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TX_SS
firehawk and WS6?? besides the hood..
WS6 looks better!
Old 04-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr.BigE
WS6 looks better!
Old 04-01-2006, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget the air box. For what ever reason the WS6 Ram Air has the better air box thats ramped up higher and takes in more air. But the Firehawk has a better cat back
Old 04-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
Don't forget the air box. For what ever reason the WS6 Ram Air has the better air box thats ramped up higher and takes in more air. But the Firehawk has a better cat back
Wrong. The buzzer is going off. The WS6 has a higher airbox because the two smaller air inlets on the WS6 hood have to take a more convoluted path to get to the airbox. It NEEDS the higher airbox.

The Firehawk's air inlet nostrils (which are larger than the WS6) have a straight shot into the airbox and doesn't need the higher opening.
Now you know. ~Joshua
Old 04-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The firehawks had 3 suspension packages. The level one had a 1LE front swaybar, the standard de Carbon shocks and standard ride height. Level 2 had different swaybar, (I dont remember how big), lower eibach springs and Bilstein shocks. Level 3 was the full 1LE suspension with the Koni DA's. They came standard with the Torsen with the Aubourn rear as an option. My car is the level 1 car, so I got a lot of suspension upgrades to do...

Quick Reply: firehawk and WS6 difference?