Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

New owner of a 2000 Firebird- HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner of a 2000 Firebird- HELP!

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to boards. I just bought a 2000 Firebird and I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me out.

It seems that the rear window is tinted, there are a few tiny spots where the tint film seems to be ripped or lifting. But, its not noticeable or bothersome.

The problem I am having is that there seems to be a film of greasiness on the whole back window, which is making it really difficult to see out of, especially when light shines thru. It is all just a blurry mess.

Now, I was just going to grab some windex and some newspaper and clean it down, but I hesitated becuz I'm worried I'm going to "ruin" something. Could there be a rainx antifogging agent or something on there?? I guess I'm worried that I might even make it worse if I try taking it off.

I know the lady before me did not smoke in it at all. The inside is like brand new.

Any suggestions?? THanks!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Regular

no your good windex is fine...alot of ppl just dont clean them windows lol

mine was like that to
Old 02-07-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

if its an aftermarket tint, do NOT use windex. anything with amounia (sp) will screw up the tint. look for amounia free windex, or a good auto-parts brand cleaner specifically made for tinted windows. i like stoner invisible glass. i tried eagle one 20/20 and it SUCKS. dont use it. for best results, get some microfiber towels made for glass cleaning. clean with one MF, then quickly get the dry one to buff out the streaks, and youll be set.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If that doesn't work, chances are that who ever did the tint job had to much soap in the water when they applied the film.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
i tried eagle one 20/20 and it SUCKS. dont use it.

Thats weird man. I SWEAR by that stuff. Been using it for the last 7 years. I dunno.....