Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Fog Light Installation?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Light Installation?

Tuesday, I became the very lucky owner of a dark blue 99' T/A. One thing I noticed when I was looking at the car is that the fog lights aren't there, but the fuse and the fog light switch is. The "housing" or something is in one light slot, but not the other. What else would I need to put new lights in?
Old 07-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two lights and a housing, homeboy.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by jedimaster71472
Two lights and a housing, homeboy.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Teching In

When I got the T/A originally, the bulb in one fog light had melted the rear reflector. Then the weight of the harness had pulled it one side until it melted the bulb shield into the reflector. The housings are plastic, which is fine for the little...... what was it..... something like 26.5watt bulbs.

I drive fast on back country roads and need to see. Got some aftermarket METAL housings after looking a long time. Might have been Pilot brand, dunno. Had to mod the hell out of them to fit the bolt holes in the crossmember and be sure of centering in the fog light tunnels. I run like 65 watt xenon bulbs in them after splicing in a relay to power them and modding the relay that kicks them off when the high beams are on.

If you go that way, pull the one bracket you have, measure, look for lights. Particularly those that have detailed drawings of the lights.

Other than that, just look on ebay or here for the brackets/housings.

Quick Reply: Fog Light Installation?