Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

magnaflow catback 16723

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default magnaflow catback 16723

i'm looking to buy catback to my 2002 ws6.
the problem is here in kuwait the loud sound is against the low ,can someone help me if the magna flow is loud under idle and acceleration?
it's my first choice becouse of the finishing look and the quad tips, but if there are another catback that not loud that i want to know.
is there are thread to compair the louds in the catback system ?
thx
Old 06-23-2016, 11:29 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Magnaflow is one of the quieter catbacks, but it's definitely not as quiet as stock. If you want something just barely louder than stock, and much better flowing, then an old SLP dual/dual system would be perfect. Those are hard to come by at this point though, since they've been discontinued for many years. They still pop up for sale used every once in a while.

Sound is a very subjective thing, so it would be hard for anyone to know what is considered "too loud" for your region. Have you tried listening to Youtube videos, etc., of various exhaust systems? That's not ideal either, but it will give you a better idea than the opinions of those who are not familiar with your region and what is passable there.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

I've heard other f-bodies with Magnaflow, and it's not very loud.
Old 06-24-2016, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My goal was to quiet my exhaust down, and I went with Magnaflow. It's definitely much quieter than my old Loudmouth/Dynomouth, especially at cruising RPM. But at WOT it still gets pretty loud.

If you want really quiet, get the biggest muffler you can. Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers flow great and are very quiet.

Quick Reply: magnaflow catback 16723