Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

HELP! Replaced dying window motor.. now neither window will work!!

Old 09-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Replaced dying window motor.. now neither window will work!!

Need some help here guys! I have a 2000 Firebird and had a dying window motor on my drivers side.. It would only go up and down in bursts.. My passenger side window has been fine. I finally took some time off work this afternoon to fix and replaced the drivers side motor. After i got everything together i plugged up the window to make sure it worked.. It went up and down twice with no problem. I put everything back together to find out that the window doesnt work now. .. not only that, the passenger window will not work now! It doesn't work using the drivers side switches or the switches on the passenger door. I checked the fuse and it was good... Any ideas on what's going on here and how i can fix it? Did i manage to screw it up royally in an attempt to save some money! ?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I would take and swap relay with another "like" relay in fuse box under hood. If still have problem pull out drivers side switch and check back of connections with multimeter to see if you are getting power.I think there is a voltage regulator for the windows and sounds like that but not sure you'd have to test if no power coming in or out of switch. Good luck and I don't see how you would mess up it all plugs in one way.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you say - Body control Module?

Search this Thread