Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Fellow 2009 Pontiac G8 GT Owner Files Formal Complaint with GM against his Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Fellow 2009 Pontiac G8 GT Owner Files Formal Complaint with GM against his Dealership

What Happens When a Local Vero Beach Florida Cadillac Dealership Refuses to Work on Your Vehicle?

What would you do if your local GM ( Cadillac ) Dealership refused to work on your vehicle, especially if you have had it back into that Dealership 6 different times for the Original problem and it still had not been fixed under the Vehicle Owners Soon to Expire Factory 3yr/36k Bumper to Bumper Warranty?

Also this is for work that has already been performed on your vehicle and just because they cannot correct the problem they created after putting the car back together, now they refuse to work on the car and tell you to take it to another GM Dealership!

The sad part of all of this is simply this, the person that is having this problem with this local Vero Beach Cadillac Dealership is Permanently & Totally Disabled and now this Dealership does not want to take responsibility of not repairing this Customers vehicle correctly and leaves you hanging, especially when the Owner of this Cadillac Dealership tells you that he is not going to have his Technicians work on the Vehicle ever again for you calling GM Customer Service and Voicing a Formal Complaint before your 3 year / 36,000 mile Warranty runs out and all you wanted in the first place was to get the problem fixed.

I just wonder how many other Cadillac, Buick, GMC, Pontiac Customers in the Vero Beach, Fort Pierce Area have experienced the same situation and were told to take their business elsewhere and to search out another GM Dealership to work on their Vehicles, because of Poor Customer Service?

It is a real shame to Deliberately take advantage of the Retired , Permanently & Disabled Customers like that, don't you think? Any and all replies to this post would be appreciated, as this falls under the heading of "Unethical Business Practices" by this Dealership and its Owner! By them continually implementing these procedures, some Senior Citizens like myself are being taken advantage of, living in Indian River County and St. Lucie County as well and some being left without any information as to where they could take their Vehicles for Warranty Repair and these Vehicle Owners getting discouraged enough to trade their vehicles into another Dealership that can offer good Customer Service Relationships that these people deserve!

"So Buyer's Beware" when you buy a New Vehicle from this Dealership in mention , please make sure you get a signed Warranty Service Contract from the Dealership Owner to honor "Any and All" Repairs on your Vehicle, within the Warranty Period specified by the GM Manufacturer, or you will and can be subject to this kind of Mental Abuse without that Signed Warranty Service Contract!
Old 03-18-2011, 11:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what is wrong with the car?
Our dealer would not work on my sons G8 GXP as it had a Roto-Fab intake on it.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is pretty standard for how dealerships treat you now days.

I showed a tech that my steering wheel visibly shakes when going down the road and he wrote on the report that nothing was wrong. GM skirted fixing my steering wheel shake multiple times.

Another tech took a 'wild test drive' in my car. Claimed he couldn't smell the clutch. The service manager and he 'had a talk.' Then the Manager kept repeating that the clutch slipped while he was pulling it out of the bay and the clutch probably slipped because I had been driving it too hard even though I had factory tires with 25K miles on the car?

Then the Service Manager told the Regional Field Manager that I had been lying and hard on the car and that the owner of the dealership didn't want me to come back to that dealer anymore. Because of what they did??? Further they refused to comment or apologize when he squeaky belt service bulletin came out proving that it wasn't my fault.

BUT picking on a disabled person is a WHOLE NEW REALM of abuse. I am very very disappointed. It would take a lot to get me to buy another GM car. EVER. It really makes me sad that GM can create such a great product and then be such dicks by lying at every turn and then not even supporting their warranty. Why do we pay for warranties and get nothing in return?

Quick Reply: Fellow 2009 Pontiac G8 GT Owner Files Formal Complaint with GM against his Dealership