Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Fix for front control arms?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fix for front control arms?

Im considering buying a G8 and ive heard a lot of complaints about the front control arms? wearing, is there a fix for this? I.E. an aftermarket solution or do you just replace them as they go bad. Thanks!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:46 PM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

Yeah stock sucks but they now offer a re-engineered solution. Have those drop shipped to BMR and have Kyle install their bushings then install in your car and problem solved!
Old 06-18-2011, 02:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought the issue was with the ball joints. What is wrong with the bushings?
Old 06-18-2011, 06:19 PM
On the tree

Pedders offers a complete set of new LCA that come in a kit. They have larger ball joints that are polished to eliminate the design flaw of the stock ones.

GM is paying for me to have a set installed this week along with the BMR poly strut bushings. I am having to pay the difference in the price but it will be well worth it.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Sneakyws6
Pedders offers a complete set of new LCA that come in a kit. They have larger ball joints that are polished to eliminate the design flaw of the stock ones.

GM is paying for me to have a set installed this week along with the BMR poly strut bushings. I am having to pay the difference in the price but it will be well worth it.
Pics and full review please!!
Old 06-19-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2002_z28_six_speed
pics and full review please!!
.......x2
Old 06-21-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sneakyws6

how did you get that to happen?
I am having a front end issue now and am looking for as much info as possible before i go to the dealer
Old 06-26-2011, 09:39 PM
On the tree

Made a contact on the G8 forum, she put in a GM CS ticket for me. GM called me, told them it was completely bad that I am to be expected to replace the upper strut bushings every 15,000 miles (about $600 in repairs each time) so they offered to let me go aftermarket on the bushings. I went with BMR poly bushings and GM stock bearings.

Then the dealer told me that since we were pretty sure the LCA were bad as well and since GM was ok with the aftermarket bushings that if I wanted to go with the Pedders LCA kit instead I could, but I had to pay the difference.

So far so good. Car handles like it is on rails still, no real pics to take as the upper strut bushings are completely covered and if I took a picture of the LCA kit it would look like stock. The upgraded areas are all covered in the suspension when they are installed.

We will see how it goes though, I plan on driving the car 3 days this week so I will put about 150 miles on it and have a better idea of how the car handles now.

Next up will be a set of Kooks headers after the new year.

Quick Reply: Fix for front control arms?