Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Thinking about selling my G8 ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thinking about selling my G8 ideas?

Wanted to put feeler out for my 08 G8 GT. Because of financial situation i must get rid of car. Biggest dilema im having right now is should I demod it and take it to dealer knowing they are gonna rip me a new one on it or keep it modded and try to sell on here. Some feed back would be nice. Details are as follows

08 GT Panther Black with Black and Red interior
Sport Package
Premium Package
64000 miles
Mods -
Cam swap with dod removed (trying to remember cam specs Ryne at CMS will know if i can get around to calling him LOL) Cam is nothing to big and very stealth but def made a HUGE difference
West Coast Cylinder LS3 ported heads (valve springs were just changed about 5k miles ago)
Ported LS3 Intake manifold
Vararam Intake
FTI 3600 stall converter.. (omg what a difference!)

Car has stock exhaust and would really wake up with a set of headers but its super stealthy the way it sits now. Gotta find dyno sheet but car did around 390 rwhp if my memory serves me correct. I believe I owe about 23- 24k on car is it reasonable to think i could get that for car as it sits.? any thoughts?
Old 06-27-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your $$ troubles.
Because you live in such a large, highly populated area I would think that it shouldn't take too long to find an affluent buyer that wants a modded car.

Couldn't say what they will offer you in that part of the country if you try to trade it in but around here in the rural midwest I'd be damn suprised if you came out on top with that much still on the note. They seem to want to short you 5-6K off the KBB value around here.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

yeah i know im gonna be way upside down..Im just wondering if it is even feasable to get what i owe out of it. .. especially to someone who wants a mildly modded g8 as the prices on these things seem to be staying up there...
Old 06-28-2011, 07:29 AM
11 Second Club

With the few mods you have listed I doubt it would make $ sense to demod unless you can do all the work yourself and have retained all your stock parts.

Good luck with whatever you feel you need to do.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Teching In

How are you guys doing? I'm based out of southern Maryland and I'm selling my silver 2009 G8 GT. I'm only selling what I own and I'm not trying to make any profit off of it. I am the 2nd owner. its has 37k on it with a full corsa cat back exhaust. I'm trying to invest my money into something a little bigger than a car right now. I own 23k on it right now but I am making monthly payment on it. Feel free to email me or call me

jtwmd83@yahoo.com

301-213-8690
Jovan

I have pictures....
p.s Have a Nice day
Old 08-28-2011, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

Old 08-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Teching In

FWIW, on the East Coast trade values would likely be in the $20-23k range for that kind of mileage.

Best to ignore KBB all together, NADA is what most banks go by and is free online. A lot of dealers use blackbook or check out the big auctions for daily market rates. Irregardless, they'll always low ball you on the first try.

I don't know how it works out your way, but in PA the only taxable portion of an auto dealer deal is the difference between the trade and new vehicle price. At 6% sales tax, that saved me $1200 on my last trade in PLUS the headache of trying to sell on my own.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:42 PM
12 Second Club

I'd demod it, sell the mods on here or egay (If you did everything yourself and still have the stock stuff) then try to sell your car on autotrader or craigslist. You'll get lowballed like crazy on here. Dealers suck at least around here. Remember if you are trading on a used car they generally have about 5-7000$ worth of markup on used vehicles as that is where they make their $. Sometimes even more (Prior salesman here.)