Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

G8 Suspension and Handling Upgrades (Pedders, Pfadt, Nitto)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I was curious to how much the actual subframe weights that I removed from the car weighed. I had heard upward of 10lbs but found that hard to believe.

Here is a picture of the weights on my home scale. This scale is nothing precise but I'm guessing its within a couple pounds of this 11.4 lbs.
G8 Suspension and Handling Upgrades (Pedders, Pfadt, Nitto)-ooubrlo.jpg
Old 05-24-2013, 02:34 PM
FormerVendor

Nice work!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Teching In

I got some time to work on the car again yesterday. The task was to finish up with swapping all of the differential bushings. I recently ordered a few more tools to help assist with the wrenchy wrenchy, and boy was I glad to have the impact wrench for the bushing removal.

New air compressor freshly wired up with the new 240:
G8 Suspension and Handling Upgrades (Pedders, Pfadt, Nitto)-tgigjur.jpg

Some new air tools for wrenchy wrenchy:
G8 Suspension and Handling Upgrades (Pedders, Pfadt, Nitto)-t49cjny.jpg

Here you can see the diff dropped with the driveshaft disconnected. This is the factory diff bushing ready for removal.
G8 Suspension and Handling Upgrades (Pedders, Pfadt, Nitto)-mkl3gai.jpg

You need to be careful when dropping the diff. There isn't a ton of room for the axle boot and the subframe. I put some towels on the subframe to help mitigate the rubber boot from getting torn up.
G8 Suspension and Handling Upgrades (Pedders, Pfadt, Nitto)-gue9lkl.jpg

Here is the rear diff bushing removed with the assistance of the impact wrench (I love air!):
G8 Suspension and Handling Upgrades (Pedders, Pfadt, Nitto)-srbdloyh.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new:
G8 Suspension and Handling Upgrades (Pedders, Pfadt, Nitto)-wgd0iuoh.jpg

I was able to installed 2 of the 3 diff bushings yesterday. Only 1 last diff bushing to be replaced before this car can get aligned and back on the road. I know I've said this before, but the car is so close! Haven't driven the car since April 20th, so I'm really starting to get the itch now that weather is finally coming around here in MN. I'll be in Charlotte, NC all of this week so there wont be any updates until the weekend.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Teching In

I worked on the car today The task was to finish this bad boy up by replacing the last remaining factory differential bushing, thanks @murlo26 for all the help!

This last driver side bushing became quite the task to remove. There's not a ton of room to use a full ball joint press like the other 2 diff bushings. I ended up rigging up a homemade press out of a 7/16 threaded rod and some nuts and washers. The impact wrench was key to start pressing the bushings out. Then I used an impact hammer to finish the bushing removal.

Here's the differential dropped with the new Pedder's bushings installed:
G8 Suspension and Handling Upgrades (Pedders, Pfadt, Nitto)-ybu3cw2.jpg
G8 Suspension and Handling Upgrades (Pedders, Pfadt, Nitto)-ebvxiqj.jpg

At this point, all suspension and handling parts have been installed onto the car. The only thing I am waiting on at this point is an alignment. The car is getting very close to streetable again, getting stoked to take this out and test!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Well it's been almost 2 months since I started wrenching on the car for this suspension project and it's been about 5 months since I started if you include placing the order.

The car just got aligned this morning and it's finally finished!

Took the car out for a short cruise this afternoon and all I can say is Wow! I love the suspension upgrades very much and traction feels new and improved. Body roll is virtual eliminated. Car seems to manage my power much better and feels proper.

G8 Suspension and Handling Upgrades (Pedders, Pfadt, Nitto)-bmjqlhb.jpg
G8 Suspension and Handling Upgrades (Pedders, Pfadt, Nitto)-zg73atl.jpg
Old 06-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Took my car to Amery Auto X this weekend to enjoy the fruit of my labors with the new suspension setup. Had a blast learning how to drive my car, and I approve of the new setup

Here is a video of a couple of my runs from the event:

Notice the idiot who drives on the course in first video.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:03 PM

Default Questions for you...

I have a 2008 G8 GT. It's time to replace the front struts. I saw your post, here. Can you send me a parts supplier to get the stuff you put on your car? Maybe a parts list as well? I have no engine modifications done, just would like to get the suspension tuned up. I might not even need to go as far as you did. Suggestions?
Old 11-25-2016, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 82Jaquith
I have a 2008 G8 GT. It's time to replace the front struts. I saw your post, here. Can you send me a parts supplier to get the stuff you put on your car? Maybe a parts list as well? I have no engine modifications done, just would like to get the suspension tuned up. I might not even need to go as far as you did. Suggestions?
http://www.kollarracingproducts.com/

He will have everything that you need for the best price.

Quick Reply: G8 Suspension and Handling Upgrades (Pedders, Pfadt, Nitto)