Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Walbro pump for g8

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walbro pump for g8

Looking through different forums and threads and trying to figure out why cant I mount a walbro fuel pump in my tank. I know it's return less but so was my f body I made 587whp with just a single intank pump. I know the g8 is internally regulated like my f body was. Can someone shed some light on this for me. I'm jumping on the lsa charger swap band wagon and just trying to get my ducks in a row.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be using an AEM 310LPH and I know of one other guy on g8board that is also using one. There will be some minor trimming involved to make the pump fit in the bucket.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

My buddy is just finishing his lsa build with e85 and a dual Walbro 450 pump. Details are here:
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191546
Old 03-22-2015, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by callen11
Looking through different forums and threads and trying to figure out why cant I mount a walbro fuel pump in my tank. I know it's return less but so was my f body I made 587whp with just a single intank pump. I know the g8 is internally regulated like my f body was. Can someone shed some light on this for me. I'm jumping on the lsa charger swap band wagon and just trying to get my ducks in a row.
I believe you certainly can install a Walbro pump into the stock housing assembly. Not sure how much work it would be or how difficult, but I have heard of someone doing this on a returnless system.

Maybe you could touch on your ultimate goals with this build and whether you plan to run e85 or not because that might make a big difference in how you proceed with the fuel system.

I've heard that the stock returnless fuel systems on the G8 should support around 700rwhp before needing bigger lines like -8 AN with a return system.

I personally decided to purchase a Fore Return Fuel system with -8AN lines because I wanted to run e85 100% of the time and knew with the 2.4 pulley on the LSA blower that I would be close to approaching the limits of the stock fuel system. The fuel pump assembly itself comes with Dual Walbro 450 pumps already installed with a drop in solution that is relatively plug and play.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:12 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks B for chiming in. Glad to see you over here by the way.

Quick Reply: Walbro pump for g8