Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

HELP: G8 GT Failed to Start This Morning

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 07:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP: G8 GT Failed to Start This Morning

So I have searched and searched and found some good threads but none seem to address my problem exactly. I just bought my G8 a month ago, well I noticed a few weeks back it was slow to start one time, meaning i put the key in, turn to crank the car and it like "hesitated" but then cranked up so I brushed it off. Well it happened to me again this morning for the first time since the first occurrence. Except this time the car wouldn't start, I heard the starter click 1 time then nothing like it had a flat-spot. So I pulled the key out and put it back in and tried again and nothing but a single "click". All the electronics work fine. I know from other threads I should pull the battery and have it tested so I'm going to do that. I pretty damn certain its not the starter which have actually been the problem in some threads. The reason I do not think its the starter is because after the car didn't start on the second attempt, I got out of the car closed the door and hit the lock button on the key fob, hit the remote start and the car fired right up. Any Idea's what the problem could be other than a battery which I intend on getting checked soon? I also should mention I only have 1 key which is a switch blade style and in terrible condition. Meaning when I switch the key open, its all wobbly and loose as F***.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should also add, Once I got to work, I went out and tried to start the car normally with the key and it worked just fine, put the car in engineering mode, the battery charge is at 83.4% and the voltage output of the battery while the car is running is at 14.6-14.7 volts.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:52 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I can't offer an answer but only a couple of observations ... We had some weird behavior like you described and ultimately the factory battery had failed (prematurely). Replacing it fixed the anomalous symptoms we were experiencing. Also we are now on our second factory key which is starting to get wobbly ...

Quick Reply: HELP: G8 GT Failed to Start This Morning