GXP Questions - Page 2 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

GXP Questions

Old 04-04-2018, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RevGTO View Post
Good info - thanks for the correction. Whether there was misinformation back in the day or my memory had become confused, I had understood that contamination could also destroy the LCA bushings and that was an issue leading to the extended replacement warranty.

I would guess that one reason we haven't had any apparent issues at 55k is that our car is rarely driven in bad weather. But I should check them out, with only a year left on the replacement warranty.

That goes for the OP too.
The original service campaign 09203D explained the cause of failure:
Originally Posted by GM 09203D
Certain 2008-2009 model year Pontiac G8 vehicles may have a condition in which the sealing boots on the front suspension lower control arm ball joints may not seal correctly in extreme cold temperatures. The material of the boot may become rigid in cold temperatures and could allow contaminants to enter the boot. This could cause premature wear of the ball joint, which could result in a clunking or rattling noise when the vehicle is driven over rough roads, wheels out of alignment, and/or premature tire wear.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:35 AM
12 Second Club

FWIW when I bought mine the LBJ was so bad it had killed the inner bushings on the arms. The arms are so cheap its easier to just buy a complete set with all new stuff anyway though.

Another one is the rear ABS harness/sensors. I believe this one to be a mostly northern car thing though.

The radio screen/AC control will just not turn on sometimes. Apparently its some bad connections between the screen and board. Fairly common from my research

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: