Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

We will not be seeing a Holden VE Sportwagon-based wagon !!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default We will not be seeing a Holden VE Sportwagon-based wagon !!!!!!!!!!!!

We will not be seeing a Holden VE Sportwagon-based wagon !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://jalopnik.com/345930/no-holden-ve-sportwagon-for-us-a-nation-of-big-back-end+lovin-auto-enthusiasts-mourn

We can hardly believe our eyes. We all were under the impression after the last set of rumors from Automotive News that we here in the U.S. would be seeing a Zeta-platformed wagon and ute sometime before the end of the decade. We'd even done our darndest trying to track down that rumor ourselves -- first with Rick Wagoner at CES, then with Lutz himself at Detroit on Tuesday morning. Now, Australian auto media site GoAuto is reporting GM's main product man told them and other members of the media from down under the United States will not be seeing a Holden VE Sportwagon-based wagon. How could "Maximum" Bob Lutz leave us out in the cold like this? Here's how and why -- straight from his "Maximum" mouth:
"We looked at that, but the amount of change to meet US regulations was going to be quite a lot of money...and the sad truth is, as much as some of us like 'sportwagons', they just don't sell in the US.
"How often do you see an Audi wagon? How often do you see a BMW wagon? How often do you see a Mercedes wagon? The answer is, almost never...they're just not fashionable. I can't explain why."
We understand Bob, we understand -- just as long as you don't kill the ute. Please don't kill the ute. And if you are going to kill the ute, give us the exclusive on it, so we can personally slap you in the face for teasing us -- and so you have to watch us cry. You big mean Bavarian man. [GoAuto]
Old 01-19-2008, 07:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's why you see more SUV's here cause they are really a Glorified Station Wagon.
I think they missed the boat on this one. With the new upcoming CAFE Requirements we should see a decline in SUV sales and a Sports Wagon would fit in Nicely. I know I would buy One

Last edited by LS1W66; 01-21-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

Talking

in the new gmhightech,the 6.0will be built in mexico and 3.6 will be built in usa,just look at is like thisthe g8 will be built up here and and if you think that the new camaro is the only thing that be built in the redone plant,just think for min,i think the g8 and some other cars will be built there too
Old 01-20-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Junkie

That is gay.

W
Old 01-26-2008, 04:09 AM
10 Second Club

how much more difficult is it to send something over thats just taller in the trunk.. its the same exact car as the G8

Quick Reply: We will not be seeing a Holden VE Sportwagon-based wagon !!!!!!!!!!!!